Stubborn

I open my door and see Cameron in the position to knock. He laughs and let's his arm drop.

"I was just going to ask what time we are leaving." I tell him to let me change real quick. Last thing I want is to be caught wearing this around him, labels like slut and whore will be thrown my way. A simple pair of skinny jeans and a white shirt accompanied with gold flats and I'm ready to go. Cameron takes in my outfit.

"Do you like live a double life?" I scoff.

"If that's what you wanna call it." we walk out of the apartment building and I can see the sun is setting already.

"So what movie is this exactly." I cross my fingers and hope it's not some scary movie or some romance sappy stuff.

"Well It this movie about the under ground tunnels in paris, I don't know it looked cool." I feel my heart go cold. The trailer for that movie scared me so much I jumped outta my chair, it constantly plays before our YouTube videos. Cameron looks at me and his hand lands on my shoulder, his fingers are warm against my skin.

"If you don't wanna see it, it's fine." I shake my head. don't be a pussy. I smile at him and recollect myself.

"I'll be fine it's all good, why would I be scared." Cameron stares at me for a minute then shakes his head and continues walking.

--

I grab hold of the drink and take a small sip. It'll be fine, it's all a movie, it's fake. The movie theatre goes dark. I screw my eyes shut and my hands grip the seat. I control my breathing. I feel a hand on my knee and it makes me jump. I look to my left and Cameron is looking at me.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine.". I gulp and nod.

"Yeah I mean what's a little computer animation." I nervously laugh and shrug, but on the inside my brain is running a million miles a minute and, I'm trying to control my anxiety.

"Hey don't you think it's a little dark?" I whisper and grace pushes my shoulder.

"Shutup, we can see just fine." I bite my lip and follow Grace.

"Grace I don't kn-" she turns around and slams her hand on my lips.

"Betthany I swear if you don't shut up, you're going to get us killed." I nod and pretend to zip my lips.

"Look we're going to split up, you know who we are looking for." I nod and take a deep breath. She smiles at me and then runs off. how does she do it, how does she keep her calm and just look like nothing could affect her. I close my eyes and count to ten before I start the corner. My hand grips the gun and I attempt to control my breathing. I can't see what's in front of me.

Suddenly I feel a warm hand on my arm.

"Hello beautiful." hot breathe heats up my neck. The grip on my arm tightens and I'm yanked. I shriek.

"Betthany." Cameron's soothing voice calls my name. I turn to him and he looks utterly confused. He shakes his head.

"We're going, I hate to see you to through this." He grabs my hand and his touch is oddly comforting. we are silent as we walk out of the theatre.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Cameron says softly afraid to hit a nerve. I shake my head and attempt to smile at him.

"This isn't how a first date should go." I mutter Cameron stops and smirks at me.

"Wait so you thought this as a date?" I shrug.

"I mean sure I don't know." I feel emotionally and physically drained. Cameron smiles and squeezes my shoulders. we walk to a little pizzeria down the way and Cameron promises nothing scary is here.

"Well, I mean the hostess is a little on the scary side but I'll protect you." he says teasing me. I roll my eyes and laugh it off.

He was right, the hostess has this wart right on her chin and, she's got eyes that looks ready to pop out of their sockets.

"I'll have just a cheese pizza." I say, Cameron orders and when the waitress leaves he laughs.

"You been here before?" I nod.

"Do you get the same thing every time." I laugh at how stupid it sounds.

"Yeah I don't want to try something new and not like it, then waste it." Cameron counts something on his fingers.

"what are you counting?" he looks up at me like he forgot I was there.

"Oh just how much I've learned about your personality in these past hours." I slouch and eye him.

"And how much have you figured out." he smiles.

"Well, you're most definitely stubborn and you don't like change, and you're boring." I gasp.

"I am not boring!" he laughs and waves his hands in front of him.

"Okay if you say so betthany." I huff and the waiter slides our pizzas in front of us. We don't really talk due to the fact that the pizza is perfect as always. We kind of mosey our way back to his car, cracking jokes and so forth.

"So for our youtube video, to get Nash and grace together, I think that we should do the yoga challenge, like us vs. them?" Cameron laughs and I can just see the mess it's going to be.

"Well I guess you're in luck because I am clearly stronger than Nash." He flexes and I laugh pushing his arm away.

"Muscles aren't always everything." He laughs and places his hand on my head.

"So we'll use your brains and my muscles to beat them." I nod and Cameron slides his arm around my waist.

"I'm sorry I took you to a scary movie, that was pretty stupid." I laugh and lean against him.

"It was even more stupid of me to think I could handle one, besides I'd rather that Han some sad movie." He chuckles.

"Let me guess I would've become a tissue." I scrunch my nose up.

"No I mean I'd have napkins but yeah I'd be crying like a baby." Cameron stops as we near his car and opens the door for me.

"Well I'm glad I didn't do that then because I really would hate to see you cry."