Unwanted

A week. I had a week to finish out everything I wanted to, my life wasn't guaranteed, nobody's was. Currently Im waiting for a YouTube video to upload. Betthany is sitting on my bed looking through a magazine. I spin around in my chair to look at her.

"Betthany, I know you don't like racing anymore, but uhm, there's this-"

"Grand Prix in Brazil next week." She finishes for me. I can't help but chuckle. "Are we going because hell yeah, I love racing, let's go." I smile on the outside, but inside I'm crying because it's all too easy.

"We'd have to bring some friends too." I mutter and Betthany nods.

"I'll ask cameron and nash." I shake my head. She doesn't seem to get it then she frowns.

"Why would we bring them, Sammy is a dick and Jack and I are awkward."

"Protection." This is the difficult part, I know she doesn't want to be around Jack, hell I don't wanna be around Sammy, it's a constant pain. Like leaving an arrow in my heart. Betthany stands up.

"Do I get to bring cameron?" I groan.

"Yes you can bring your boy toy." Betthany claps as I roll my eyes.

"Hey, you sleeping okay?" She asks scanning my face. I rub my eyes.

"Uhm yeah, you know how my under eye circles are." She nods and walks out of my room. I sprint to my bathroom and dig around for my concealer. I probably haven't gotten a complete full night of sleep for at least two or three nights now. As I finish up my concealer Betthany shouts my name. I walk into the living room to see Nash and her talking. Nash's goofy style spreads a smile on my face.

"You my friend need a haircut." I say gripping his hair gently. He shakes my hand off and laughs along with me.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere?" I look down at my outfit, shorts and a t shirt.

"Let me at least brush my hair." Nash shakes his head but chuckles softly at me. I change shirts into a loose tank top and I slide my converse. My hair brushed and some gum in my mouth I walk out the door with Nash.

"So where are we going?" I ask and Nash looks down at me.

"That's for only me to know and you to find out." I groan but stay silent. I don't beg to know, I- unlike Betthany- like surprises. Nash drives us for a bit until finally he announces we have arrived.

He took me to Dave and busters. I can't help but laugh.

"Nash why are we here?" He smiles as he gets out of the truck.

"Well I heard you were very competitive, just like me, and I wanted to beat your ass at some foosball." I click my tongue and follow him in. All my worries are pushed aside as I focus on making sure to kick ass at every game I play.

And I do, some games I lost but I won the majority of them. We stopped and got lunch and then played some more games. Nash bets that he can beat me at pool, but honestly I've never attempted to play pool. I've seen others play it but I haven't. I watch Nash move around, set up the balls and grab a stick. I know to grab the stick and rub the green stuff on the tip, but I have no idea what I'm aiming for.

"Why didn't you just say something from the beginning?" He says softly walk around the table to my side.

"Was it obvious." He nods and takes my hands setting my in the position. After he walks away I can still faintly smell his cologne.

Nash and I ended the day with smoothies. We stood in front of our doors.

"Next week Betthany and I and a couple of our friends are going to Brazil and I was wondering if you would like to come." Nash frowns.

"Man I'd love to but I can't, I'm going to North Carolina next week." I nod and Nash rubs my arm. "Hey you play a pretty mean game of pool." I laugh and look up at him. Nash's light eyes look into mine, they are so different than mine. He moves closer and if he moves any more, our lips will touch and that is what's called a kiss. Nash will kiss me. Sammy would hate that, he would get so pissed. But Sammy and I are over, he said he didn't love me and he was just using me. Before I get any say Nash does kiss me. His soft pink lips press against mine and I only let me stay there for a second before I make up my mind. I slowly pull away from Nash and shake my head.

"I'm sorry grace, that was rude of me." He says solemnly. I press then top of my head against his chest.

"Its not like that Nash, I'm sorry, besides I'm not ready." Nash rubs my back and sighs.

"Exactly, it was selfish of me, I apologize. Won't happen again." I pull away from him and straighten my back.

"Thank you for the very fun day, and the lesson on pool." He shrugs and smiles

"It's the least I can do."

When I open the front door a shrill laughter echoes around me. Cameron is mounted on top of Betthany, his fingers attacking her sides. I feel embarrassed for walking in on their moment. Cameron sees me and waves, I awkwardly wave back. Betthany wriggles free of Cameron's hold and walks over to me.

"So how'd it go?"

"Well I beat his ass at pretty much everything, and he taught me how to play pool." Betthany crosses her arms not satisfied.

"And he kissed me." Betthany licks her lips and smirks. I push her face away from me.

"And then I told him I wasn't ready, I didn't feel that way and we ended the night on a good friends note." Betthany's excitement fades and is now disappoint me. I throw my arms up.

"I'm not over Sammy okay, I love him, it's not easy to just get over that, maybe if you'd actually loved Jack you would understand." She scoffs

"I did love Jack!"

"Then why didn't you date him huh?"

"Why'd it take you two years before you finally dated Sammy? I didn't date him because I knew he had the power to break my heart and I didn't want him to hold that, so I kept it to myself and look who has the broken heart. You not me." Betthany shakes her head and turns to cameron. He doesn't look surprised and I wonder if she's told him about that. Cameron just grabs her hand and leads her out of the apartment.

Letting out a dramatic sigh I sink into the couch. This is gunna be one hell of a week and an even worse one next week.