Goodbyes with lies

Betthany's pov

"Grace why are you up my ass?" I ask a bit annoyed. Grace blushes.

"I have not okay, I'm just asking where you're going." I huff and brush my fingers through my hair as I pull it up into a pony tail.

"Well if you must know I'm going to play soccer, clearly." I motion towards to my outfit.

"Are you going with a group of people?" I groan and stomp my feet like a child.

"Grace yes, that's how you play soccer, I'm going to hang out with the janoskians. Anything else?." I open the door. And start to walk out.

"I'm wearing a black thong and a sports bra. Neon pink socks and a brown hair tie." I say just to piss her off. Except cameron stands in front of me. Skateboard in one hand and a Capri sun in the other. His shock spreads into a smirk. I hear grace laugh from behind me. I slam the door behind me and start to walk out.

"A black thong aye?" Cameron elbows me teasingly. I can't help but laugh along with him.

"Yes, is there anything else the whole world wants to know." Cameron taps his lips with the straw poking out of the juice pouch.

"Well we would like to know your virginity status." Cameron says using a deep announcer type voice. I scoff.

"What the hell does that have to do with anything?" Cameron shrugs.

"That's what I see constantly when we do like ask cams."

"That sucks." I say and cam nods.

"I see you're all geared up for soccer." I nod and I point at his board.

"I see you're all geared up for skating." He laughs.

"How about this, tonight we both get geared up for dinner or something." I know I'd sworn off guys, id been doing great, it'd been two weeks. I look up into Cameron's dark hopeful eyes and I can't help but melt.

"Sounds like a plan." Cameron smiles and holds the door open for me when we reach the exit.

"I'll see you then." He says and I wave by to him. As soon as I get to my car I slide my Adidas pants off and I throw my long sleeve off. I reach for my vans in my bag and I slide them on. With a swipe of mascara and a few minutes brushing my hair, I drive off to go to the race track.

It's day time so street races won't be happening. But the drag strip will be lit up. When I drive up and get out of my car. I prop the hood up with the stand.

"I always like a brunette with a mustang." I laugh and turn around to see Nate. He hugs me.

"How's it go cuz?" I shrug and turn back to my car, dusting off the engine.

"Other than grace riding my ass, good I guess." Nate laughs. "You can't tell Jack or anyone that I was here." I say quieter. Nate frowns.

"You do realize you are extremely popular here." I sigh. It's true, everyone here knows me.

"Just cover for me okay?" Nate nods and pats my shoulder.

"I got you fam, now let's go look at these new hoes thinking they got game up in here."

Graces POV

My phone lights up with a text from Sammy.

"I love you." I smile and return with the same response. I have only truly loved one guy, he broke my heart. So for me to be able to tell Sammy that I do love him is a lot. I didn't think I could love again, but Sammy made it so easy.