Chapter 5

The next two months were the most strange thing to happen to the alien princess

The next two months were the most strange thing to happen to the alien princess.She  never knew what having a friend was like.And she never knew what having someone like Peter Parker in her life would be like.It was strange and different.Peter was strange and different but in the best way possible.After the second week he got used to the girl being around and eventually got rid of his nervous stutter and mannerisms.And even though she liked them because it's what made Peter,Peter,it was reassuring to know he was comfortable around her.But she would never say that sentence out loud.He showed the blonde all different kinds of thing in New York.He showed her what a deep dish pizza was like,he took her to Coney Island when it was closed and he was on duty,he even showed her his favorite movies.Some of them she didn't understand,even when he tried his best to explain them.But school was closing in on him and he was still a regular kid so he had to go.Christina was bored all the time so most of the time she'd walk with him.Thats where it leaves them now.

Christina looked over Peter's shoulder when she had seen him start texting.She narrowed her eyes at the screen once she got a better look at what he was typing
'Hey Happy just checking in.Im out of school at 2:45PM👊
'Ready for my next mission'
'It's Peter BTW'
'Parker'

The girl reached over and snatched his phone from him and turned it off. "Hey"He reaches for the phone just as the train stopped and they moved to get out.

"I can't believe your still texting Happy.You know he's never going to reply."She lightly bumped her shoulders with him.The princess felt bad while he was trying day and night to get ahold of someone,Tony was always checking up on her.It didn't feel right,and Christina wishes that he would stop calling and texting her.

"You don't know that.Maybe they're planning my next mission.Our next mission."He whispered as they walked down the steps and onto the school yard.Christina groaned and wanted to drill the same thing she's been telling him since they came back from Germany

"Pete,if they need you they'll call you.You can't waste every waking second checking to see when they'll call you."She hooked arms with him as they crossed the street.But then was suddenly tugged quickly onto the curb by Peter.

"Hey!What the—"

"What's up Penis Parker"Flash Thompson.How he made the girl's blood boil.She lifted her hand up,ready to do some damage but Peter quickly brought my hand back down "Are you crazy?You can't do that here."She glared at the sleek car Flash was driving.Who the hell calls themselves Flash? she thought.

"I can't stand him,Pete.You know I can't."The first time Peter ever told the alien girl about Flash,she didn't understand.How could anyone hate Peter?You couldn't.The boy was too nice for his own good.And there was nothing to hate about him

"Yeah,I know.I know.I should go,I gotta stop at my locker."He said and Christina nodded and kicked his shoe gently with hers "Let me know how Decathlon goes.And I don't want to here about how pretty Liz is."He immediately glared at the girl in front of him and shushed her as she let out a giggle.

"I'm actually going to quit Decathlon."He said and shoved his hands in his pockets.The blonde looked at him for a moment before rolling her eyes,knowing what this was about "You know Peter,I really don't want to here about Tony Stark anymore.You're giving up everything for someone who won't even give you the time of day"Double blow when he thought of Liz and Tony.She turned around and started walking away,

"Chris"He called but she ignored him and kept walking back home.

• • •

Once the girl was home,she seen Creon waiting for her in the living room.He was casually flipping through the channels before he threw the remote down and stood up.

"Where were you?"She rolled her eyes and gave him a knowing look.She picked up the apple that was on the table before taking a bite "You know I was with Peter.I don't know why you still ask."Christina grabbed the peanut butter we from the cabinet and knife before hopping up onto an kitchen counter.

"Why do you hang out with him?I just don't understand.You should be here and not walking around New York where they could be watching."This caused Christina to groan as she cut into the apple and dipped it into the jar

"You say that all the time.But look we've been here for almost nine months.That's gotta be a record for us.I mean where's the last placed we stayed at and lasted longer then four months."She pointed my knife at him and he knew she was right.

"It's hard.Were the only ones left and sometimes it's hard to grasp onto that."Christina felt the ache in her heart at his words.Sometimes the princess forgets he feels her pain too and that they were in this together.It was always hard to remember that he had lost his planet too.He had lost loved ones,just like she had.And when she remembered this,she felt selfish that she was being put in front of him and his wants and needs and emotions.

"Yeah.Yeah I get that"Peter was also a good help with getting the blonde to stop picking fights with Creon.He helped balance all the anger she had in her.And maybe that was why she kept Peter around for so long.He tried to understand,he couldn't though.He never understood why she was so angry all the time when they first met.Christina never told him why she was here and who she really was.Christina never felt the need to and with Tony Stark always being a topic of conversation,it never seemed to come up.

"Stark called.He wants you to go down to the new facility for some..research he called it."The girl raised her eyebrows at this and looked up at the boy in front of her.Why did he bring it up?He would never do that,unless he wanted the girl to go. "Do you want me to go?"Creon shrugged his shoulders and took the apple and knife and took a piece for himself. "You said you feel like you can trust him.If you feel that way then I guess I can try to do that too."

Christina nodded her head slowly and jumped down from the countertop and threw the core to the apple away.She turned to him and ran her fingers through her hair and sighed. "Peter tries to call Tony day and night yet he doesn't answer.But he's always makes sure the first thing he does is call me because he wants to make sure I'm settling in okay or the suit is still fine,not like I wear it.Or if I reconsider going out there and helping.And it just doesn't make sense to me,you know.And I feel...guilty."Guilt was something she never got.It was something she rarely had to experience until she met Peter Parker and Tony was calling her and not him.The only ever time she felt guilty,was when she thought of her brothers and sisters and how they should be alive.Not her.

She didn't think she deserved to be called,Peter did.Which makes everything so much worse.

"Maybe because he feels you're a valuable asset to the team and not Bug Boy."She turned and punched him in the arm for saying that.

"Peter is a valuable asset.He can do cool things and he can help people.He always helps people.You know what I'm leaving."Christina slipped on her sunglasses before disappearing out of the room and into the new Avengers facility

A/N:Super excited for this book to continue

[Edited:2/17/19]
[re-edited:7/16/20]