Chapter 20

Christina appeared in the compound and the ground immediately started to shake with each step as she tried to find Tony

Christina appeared in the compound and the ground immediately started to shake with each step as she tried to find Tony. The alarms started to blare and FRIDAY was starting to say there was an intruder but Tony knew who it was and he couldn't think of why she'd be so angry. Tony grabbed the lab bench to stabilize himself and was shocked when she tore the metal door apart and threw it at him.

He managed to duck in time and quickly stand up to look at her. "Wow. Whats got into you? Peter tell you a bad joke?" He laughed but Christina was mad, no she was pissed and she threw him against the wall with enough strength to knock the wind out him and his vision became blurry.

"What the hell...is wrong with you, kid." He groaned as he tried to regain his strength.

"You lied to me!" The ground shook and the lights kept flickering and even a bulb broke. Tony sighed and figured Peter told her the truth.

"Listen kid, I just thought—" Her grip became tighter and it started to restrict him from breathing. 

"No you thought of yourself! That's all you ever do is think of yourself! I was your personal agenda and you don't care about me! You care about what I can do and the people I can save. You're a liar and I hope it was all worth it Anthony!" FRIDAY saw what was going on and released and emergency protocol suit to try and save Tony but as it flew towards her to try and defend the man, Christina caught the metal suit by the neck and her purple hue grew dark as her grip tightened and soon the the suit started the materialize, like she poured acid over it. It fell into a pile of liquid on the floor and left Tony amazed.

"Go to hell!" She then threw him into the glass table and it shattered under him. By the time he was able to stand up, she was gone.

Christina found her way home quick. There was tears down her face and she couldn't control her emotions that well and accidentally froze a piece of the building wall. She sobbed as she felt the ground start to shake and she stumbled into her home and saw Creon on the couch. As soon as he saw her stumble in he came to assistance.

"What happened?" He was confused and worried and he felt your body temperature rise above normal and he knew what that meant.

"Y-you were right! They lied to me and-and.." She cried into his shoulder and soon she couldn't touch her anymore because she was starting to burn.

"Christina look at me. You need to calm down before you burn the whole building down. Look at me." Christina looked at him as tears ran down her face and she sniffled.

"Breathe." Christina's crying was brought to hiccups and she tried to breathe. In and out. In and out. "There that's it. You got this." And soon her body temperature stopped rising and the ground stopped shaking.

Christina began to lightly shake as Creon combed her hair out of her face. "It's okay. You're okay." Eventually the girl fell asleep in the arms of the only person she could truly trust.

When she woke up the next morning, she looked in the mirror and saw she was a mess. A total mess all from Peter and Tony. Now she was no longer sad, just angry and with out thinking accidentally shattered the mirror. It fell into pieces on the floor and that's when she had enough. She grabbed her duffel bag and started packing her clothes. Creon came in once he heard all the noise coming from her and thought it was another breakdown.

"What are you doing?" He watched as she frantically paced around the room and tried to figure out what to put in her bag.

"We are leaving." She emphasized the word 'we' and tossed him a duffel bag. "I'm sure we can catch a train or bus to the next city out of town."

"Woah. Woah .Slow down for a second. We don't have to leave." He tried to reason with her but there was nothing to reason with at this point.

"Don't you see! Theres nothing here for us anymore! For me! The sooner we get out of here the sooner we have people forget I ever existed. And you were right, they're probably on their way to New York right now and we should probably leave now. Lets go." Creon sighed and grabbed his duffel bag and walked to his room to start packing. If this was what she wanted then so be it. Christina frantically threw stuff into her bag and looked down at her mask. She turned and threw it in trash. She looked down at her bracelet and left it there on her wrist.

Not even ten minutes later they were leaving their place and catching a cab to the city. There they would get a bus out of the city and to the edge of New York. That was the plan.

"Okay so I have an idea, let's lay low for a while. I don't know someplace small. I was
thinking Arizona? Maybe even Ohio, no one ever thinks to to go there."

"Sounds good." Christina gave a tight lipped smile and rested her head against the window. She felt her heart ache and she bit back the feeling up tears welling in her eyes. She told herself she wasn't going to cry anymore. Christina was done with feeling this way. It was time for her to retire from the world. This time she would go into hiding for real this time. No public cities or crowded places, she was going to disappear off the face of the earth.

They were on the bridge now and the traffic was slow. Peter always said that New York traffic sucked. And she hated how she remembered that he told her this. She closed her eyes and then the ground started to shake. It was small so she figured it was an earthquake and it would soon pass. But then at an alarming rate the ground started to shake for violently and she opened her eyes. The cab was shaking and she looked out and seen every car shaking along with the bridge.

The duo looked at each other with wide eyes before stepping out of the car. Wind was blowing heavily and she shield her eyes from the debris. Christina gasped and covered her mouth at what she seen. An alien ship was hovering over them. Dark and menacing. At this point the people had also started to get out of their cars and people started to shout at what they seen.

"They're here." She whispered and she knew Creon heard her. He gripped her arm and started to pull her away. "Let's go. We're leaving." But they didn't get very far because Gorgonians landed themselves on the bridge. They held high tech weapons and were scaly with sharp teeth. They started to trash the bridge and even started shooting people. Creon grabbed Christina and they hid behind a car.

"Get us out of here." But Christina couldn't. She was too focused as the Gorgonians reeked havoc on people.

"Where is she!" One growled loudly and gripped a girl with blonde hair. The girl cried loudly as the alien shoved his face in hers. "Where is the princess?"

"I can't stand by and let them do this. I won't run away, not now, not ever again. Im not scared anymore." Christina stood and ran out into the crowd.

"Hey!" Everyone's attention was turned to the blonde as she pulled her hair from being tied up "Looking for someone?" Christina got into her fighting stance and the Gorgonian threw the girl to the side and brought his weapon up.

"Seize her."

[edited:1/24/21]