Chapter 14

"Who was that guy?" The three of them were looking over the surveillance videos from Peppers office

"Who was that guy?" The three of them were looking over the surveillance videos from Peppers office. He managed to hide himself well enough before Christina came.

"We don't know yet, kid." He zoomed in and got a better look at his face. "FRIDAY can't find him anywhere. It's like he's a ghost."

Christina hummed and turned to them, "And that metal arm. I've only seen.." She didn't finish because they already knew who she was referring to. "What?Brothers? Cousins? Best friends forever?"

"No. But I might know why they wanted some of my tech." Peter and Christina both turned and waited for him to speak. Tony shook his head and pointed at the two.

"There's no way you two are getting involved. None. You guys did great at protecting the tower and my tech and Pepper and I, but nope. I've got this one." Christina rolled her eyes before concentrating and digging into his brain where the answer was. She had to admit he was very guarded so it took a little longer than usual.

"Hydra? Whats that?" Tony sighed and forgot she could read minds. She looked at Peter and he looked back and forth between the two before Tony pipped up, "Let's just say it's a really bad organization that wants nothing more than destruction."

"Okay, so then go stop them."

"They're not around anymore. We thought we got them all but apparently there still some people trying to make it happen." Tony sighed and swiped the screen away "So what's the game plan, Mr.Stark?"

"There is no game plan that involves you." He said and Christina smiled before walking past the two "That's fine by me because I want no part in your superhero versus super villain take down. Pete, I'll meet you down at the car." And she left. But Tony Stark had a good idea.

"I have a mission for you." Peter gulped but nodded his head furiously "Yes. Yes. Anything Mr.Stark."

"Good. So Spider-Man is gonna need to take a break for a while." Peter furrowed his eyebrows and looked around "What do you mean, sir?" Tony leaned in and whispered the plan that was going through his mind and the only thing Peter could think was of how much this plan was going to kill him.

• • •

A week had gone by and Peter had done his best to keep it a secret. Whenever Christina asked him something he answered something immediately, in fear she would pick his brain and find the answer. But now the game plan was in action. Christina and Peter were enjoying pizza at the compound when Tony came rushing in and pointing at Christina.

"I need you." Tony pulled his tablet out and started showing live footage of a fire and Peter felt his heart drop.

"Oh my god! Peter you have to suit up! There might be people in there!" Tony nodded his head towards the boy and Peter began his lie.