Chapter 17

"New York has a new hero

"New York has a new hero."

"Masked figure was seen stopping a high way chase."

"How do we know she's not a threat to this city? Hell this world."

"We don't know what she's capable of."

" New York citizens have taken to calling this figure 'Wonder Girl'."

"She saved my daughters life. Thank you, Wonder Girl."

"From the looks of it, she possesses many abilities and powers."

"Who is this masked girl?"

Tony turned the t.v off and faced the blonde, who was shocked at all the media attention she was getting. Tony had called a 'team' meeting and everyone was there.

"They love you. They absolutely adore you. Didn't I tell you so. You two can now say thank you." Tony threw his hands out and plopped down on the sofa.

"Hold on a second, Anthony, did you not just hear that lady say I could be a threat to the world. Not everyone likes me." She countered.

"Not everyone liked me at first either, I was just a nuisance to the public until they saw me doing good. They'll understand soon enough that you're here to help." Peter smiles at Christina and she returned it.

"I'm still kind of on the fence still about the whole thing. How many people know about her?" Everyone turned to Pepper as she projected her tablet readings into the air.

"Well from the looks of it....just about the whole world."

"Jesus christ." Creon leaned over and started to breathe heavily. Christina walked over to him and grabbed him by his arm. "Hey. Hey, look at me." They were eye to eye now.

"We've made it this far. They're not coming, maybe they realized i'm not worth it and are too scared to come. Im at full power, there's no way they can take me and they know that. We're okay." Creon was still losing his mind at the idea of the Gorgonians coming for her.

"You can relax. I have eyes on the whole planet there's no way they're getting past my sensors without it sending a big alert my way." Tony said and Christina nodded in agreement.

"That being said, we have another mission for you." Christina was confused because Peter was here and the only reason she had went on any other missions was because he was gone.

"But Peter—"

"Peter needs to finish some adjustments on his suit. Thats why he can't go and I need to be here just in case something goes wrong." Christina nodded reluctantly and looked to Peter who was looking off into the distance and she so badly wanted to read his mind and know what he was thinking but she promised herself she wouldn't so she didn't.