3. New Mexico was a mindfuck

Fury walked up to Bruce and shook his hand " Doctor, thank you for coming." he said " pleased to have you on the team."

" Thanks for asking nicely." Bruce said " So, uh... how long am I staying?" 

Now that was a good question, I was in vacation until Mr Pirate had called me. 

" Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the clear." Fury told him. 

 " Where are you with that?" Bruce asked him. 

 I saw Nat looking at a picture of Clint on one of the computer screens, she was worried. Her best friend was being controlled by a crazy Asgardian. 

" We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cellphones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us." Fury stated.

I looked away from Clint's picture and up to Fury " So basically 'where's Waldo' but on the whole planet?" I joked, but he just rolled his eyes, I'm sorry, eye at me. 

" That's still not gonna find them in time." Nat announced, and she was right. If they were hiding underground we would never find them. 

" You have to narrow the field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Bruce asked. 

" How many are there?" Fury asked. 

" Call every lab you know, tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm based on cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Bruce asked. He seriously was like, too smart to even exist. 

" Agent Romanoff, would you show Dr.Banner to his laboratory, please." Fury asked. 

Natasha nodded and walked off, leading Bruce down the hall.

While we were waiting for any recognition I walked over to Maria. She was looking through all our files. I wondered what was written in mine. Probably ' Immature but good with knives.'

" You got a file on Loki in there?" I asked her, mentioning the box on her desk, filled with files. I liked the fact that she still worked with paper files. Almost all other things were run by a computor.

She nodded " Yes, here you go." and handed it to me. I read the front 'CONFIDENTIAL' I opened it up and started reading the file. But there was nothing in there I didn't already know. It was a report from New Mexico written by Phil.

***

New Mexico had been my first mission. And I could remember it like it was yesterday. What we thought was a meteor crashing, turned out to be one of the biggest mindfuck of my whole life.

It turned out that, the stories about Norse mythology I used to read, were actually reality. And that one of the leading roles of those stories, Thor, had been banned to earth. I also got hit in the face with the reality that, E.T. could actually be out there. 

At first Coulson and I thought Thor was a secret agent. He had broken into the base we had put up around his hammer and took out almost every agent we had on security. But he was really him, Thor, god of thunder. The only thing I still didn't get was, why he was called the god of thunder when he controlled lightning. 

Now, Loki hadn't been on earth, but he had send his Destroyer to kill his own brother. And as far as I know, that's not a nice thing to do. We didn't know much about Loki, and Thor didn't spill any beans either, but we knew he was problematic.

I put back the file and decided to text my dad.

Zapper:

So, are you joining us orrrr?

CocaColaCan:

New phone, who dis?

Zapper:

It's your blessing of a daughter.

Answer my fucking question.

CocaColaCan:

Wow, you really do spend too much time with Fury.

Why don't you go wash your mouth with soap

and then try the question again?

Zapper:

Fine,

Will you be blessing us with your presence today?

your highness

CocaColaCan:

Who knows. ;)

" We got a hit. Sixty-seven percent match." Agent Sitwell announced to the whole deck. 

I looked up from my phone,put it in my backpack and ran up to the monitor. 

" Wait, cross that, seventy- nine percent." Everyone else ran up to the screen. 

" Location?" Phil asked eager to know. 

" Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding." The cameras had caught him, he was wearing a tux. 

" Captain, Grace you're up." Fury said, we both nodded. Then Steve looked at me, confused to why I would be joining him 

" You mean this Grace Sir?" he asked Fury. 

" Do you see anyone else who could be blasting the guy to his ass?" he asked, annoyed he had to turn around at us again. 

He looked at me, and I just smiled " Ready to crash a party Steve?"