13. News

" I collected some news reports." Fury told us while we had all sat down. 

" What are they saying?" Nat asked. He put on one of the TV's and let us watch them. 

An old white haired man, playing chess apparently hadn't noticed anything out of the usual " Superheroes? In New York? Give me a break!" he said and went back to his game. 

Then there was a clip of Senator Boyton. " These so called heroes have to be held responsible for the destruction done to the city. This was their fight. Where are they now?" 

" Oh, so now it's our fault?" I asked annoyed. 

" Not everyone agrees with him." Fury said. 

The next clip was one of a young blonde waitress. " What? That this was somehow their fault? Captain America saved my life. Wherever he is, wherever any of them are, I just wanna say thank you." I saw Steve smile slightly. 

" She's cute." I whispered to him. Then there was a clip of a reporter standing in a studio, with a picture of me in the background. 

"The hero named The blaster who's identity had previously been unknown, is now revealed to be Grace Maria Stark, daughter of Billionare Tony Stark who is also known as Iron Man..."           

" Great." I sighed. 

" You can expect ten times more reporters bothering you from now on." Fury told me. 

Some people agreed that we did good, protecting the city. Others believed it was all our fault and that we should be held responsible. Dad had already made sure the city was being cleaned up, what more could he do?

He also told me had had to rebuild parts of Stark Tower. He was gonna give all of us a room to stay in. I had my own place, but I kinda liked the idea of living in the tower permanently, with my new friends. So I agreed that I would move in when it was done.

" Are we gonna ignore the fact they send a nuke to New York?" I asked Fury when we had seen all the clips. 

" They did what they thought was best." he answered " And without it your dad wouldn't have been able to blow up the alien ship." 

" That doesn't change the fact they were ready to kill everyone." I said annoyed.

" I know." he told me " But what is done, is done. Let's focus on the future. Thor, what do you propose we do with Loki?" 

Thor looked up " I take him back to Asgard where he will be on trial for his crimes. I will take the Tesseract with me. It has caused too much damage here on Earth. It will be held in Odin's vault, safe from anyone who wishes to use its power." 

" What about the scepter?" Bruce asked. 

" SHIELD has it, it will be locked away to prevent any conflicts." Fury told him. 

" Do we know where he got it?" Thor asked us. 

" He didn't have that on Asgard?" Steve asked. 

" No, I've never seen it before. " Thor said " Someone must have given it to him." Interesting, so he did have an allie. But who could it be? 

" Is there anyone you know off that would want to take over Earth?" I asked Thor. 

" No, the nine realms are in peace." Thor told us " It must be someone from beyond our realms." 

Great, more aliens.