9. A mean Mojito

We arrived at Stark Tower where Dr. Selvig activated the CMS device, holding the Tesseract. Dad dropped me on the roof and hovered down.

" Shut it down, Dr. Selvig." he yelled. 

" It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe." Selvig was officially coocoo.

" Okay." dad said aiming his hands toward the device and fired. The energy from his boosters shattered with a deafening crack. Selvig fell backwards, but the device was unharmed. 

" Grace, you try." dad told me. So I got out of the suit and blasted electricity at it, nothing. 

" Nothing!" I told him. 

" Come inside." dad said walking in himself. He got unsuited while I was already at the bar. Together with dad, Loki entered the penthouse. 

" Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki told dad. 

 " Uh...actually, I'm planning to threaten you." dad told him while I made him a drink. 

" You should have left your armor on for that." Loki said. 

" Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny." dad told him. 

" Would you like a drink?" I asked Loki, handing my dad one. 

" Stalling me won't change anything." he told me. 

" No, no, no! Threatening." dad reminded him " No drink? You sure? She makes a mean Mojito." he then said. 

" The Chitauri are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" Loki asked. I put away the alcohol and poured myself some Coca Cola. 

" The Avengers." dad casually said. Loki looked up, confused. " It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's mightiest heroes' type of thing." Dad explained.

" Yes, I've met them." Loki smiled. 

" Yeah, takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one." I told him sipping my drink. 

" But, let's do a head count here." dad told Loki " Your brother, the demi-God; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; my daughter here who, for some unexplained reason, has electricity flowing through her veins; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them." 

He didn't look impressed " That was the plan." he smiled. 

Dad shook his head, " Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you. And if I were you, I'd pray my daughter doesn't get her hands on you." He made me smile. 

" I have an army." Loki said.

 " We have a HULK." dad one upped him. 

" I thought the beast had wandered off." Loki said. 

" You're missing the point." I told him " Earth has no throne, there is no version of this, where you come out on top." I tried to explain to him. 

" Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it." dad told him sternly. Loki slowly walked up to him, raising his scepter. 

" How will your friends have time for me,when they're so busy fighting you?" He tapped dad on the chest. PING, nothing. Confused, he tried again. PING, nothing. " It should work." Loki said.    

 " Well, performance issues. You know?" dad joked. In anger, Loki grabbed him by the throat and flinged him across the room. 

I was ready to shock Loki when dad said " Stay down Grace." I did what he said. Loki grabbed him by the throat again. 

" You will all fall before me." he told dad and threw him through the window. 

" Bad choice." I said while dad's suit speeded after him. Dad hovered in front of the window. 

" And there's one other person you pissed off!" he said " His name was Phil." I jumped to the side when dad shot an explosion at Loki and flew away. He knew I could protect myself, so I let it slip.

When Loki had gotten up again he looked at me " Daddy isn't here to help anymore." he smiled " If I were you I'd get used to it." I remembered what Thor had said, Loki had never felt as loved as he had. 

" Look, those daddy issues of yours really are on a next level." I told him. He charged at me with his daggers, and I did the same fending him off. We fought for a few seconds until he stopped moving.

" You stabbed me." Loki said surprised, looking at the dagger in his side. 

" Boohoo suck it up Buttercup." I said and zapped him back a few feet. He was lying on the ground, and he wasn't getting up any time soon.