18. Are you crazy?!

I got woken up by a call from Pepper. I looked at the clock and picked up my phone. Why would she be calling at 1 am? " Yeah." I said yawning. " Happy is in the hospital. Your dad wanted me to call to tell you." I sat up in surprise " Wow, what happened to him? Is he okay?" I asked her.   " He's injured really bad, he's in a coma, but the doctors say he'll get through it." I nodded " Is dad with him?" I asked her. " He is." she said " We're at the hospital right now." " Okay." I said " Call me when there's more news okay?" " I will." she told me. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to put on the TV. Lying there in bed, watching Masterchef. I was surprised at the fact Gordon Ramsay had complimented someone's dish. I fell asleep after three episodes.

I woke up by the TV making a loud noise. I opened my eyes and saw The Mandarin on the screen again. 

" True story about fortune cookies. They look Chinese, they sound Chinese, but they're actually an American invention. Which is why they're hollow, full of lies, and leave a bad taste in the mouth. My disciples just destroyed another cheap American knock-off, The Chinese Theater. Mr. President, I know this must be getting frustrating, but this season of terror is drawing to a close. And don't worry, the big one is coming; your graduation." 

After that the channel showed reporters waiting outside a hospital. I saw dad walk out of it. Of course they were gonna want his opinion on the matter. 

" We're awaiting the arrival of Tony Stark. We're hoping he'll give us the reaction...his reaction to the latest attack." All the reporters swarmed around dad. " Mr. Stark! Mr. Stark! Our sources are telling us that this is another Mandarin attack. Anything else you can tell us?" Dad ignored the questions and walked toward his car." Hey, Mr. Stark! When is somebody gonna kill this guy? Just sayin'." someone asked. Dad turned to face the reporter. " Is that what you want? Here's a little Holiday greeting I've been wanting to send to the Mandarin." dad started. "I just didn't know how to phrase it until now. My name is Tony Stark and I'm not afraid of you. I know you're a coward, so I've decided that you just died, pal. I'm gonna come get the body. There's no politics here; it's just good old-fashioned revenge. There's no Pentagon; it's just you and me. And on the off-chance you're a man, here's my home address: 10880, Malibu Port, 90265. I'll leave the door unlocked. Bill me." He got into his car and drove off. 

He had not just done that. I grabbed my phone and immediately dialed his number. After a few beeps he picked up. " Tony Stark." he said. " Are you crazy?" I asked him. " Some people might say I am." he joked. " What the hell was that on TV?" I asked him annoyed. " Oh, it's about the interview." I could just hear him smile. " Yes it's about the interview. You gave a terrorist your home address!" I said frustrated. " So?" he asked. " So?! What the hell were you thinking!? This is dangerous." I practically shouted at him. " It's fine." he told me calmly. " You think he isn't gonna come for you?" I asked him. " Of course not, he's all talk without game. He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk." he told me. " They almost killed Harold!" I shouted trying to make him understand how serious the situation was. " You must be really upset if you're using his real name." dad realised. " No Shit." I said. " Look, I'll make sure to check the door every night okay. You just need to worry about cooking a good Christmas meal." he told me. I sighed " Fine." " Love you Cowboy." he said. " Love you dad."

Later that day I went to the shop to buy everything for the next day. Steve had also told me to get some decoration for the Christmas tree he had put up in the living room. I just hoped we would have a nice Christmas without The Mandarin taking over the News again.