26. Treason

That night Thor had asked me to meet him in one of the Asgardian bars. When I entered I got leaded to a back room. Thor, Lady sif and the Warriors three and Heimdall were there as well. " What's happening in here?" I asked confused. " Please sit." Thor said and I sat down next to Heimdall and Sif. " What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order." Thor started " Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death. Malekith knew the Aether was here, he can sense its power. If we do nothing he will come for it again, but this time lay waste to all of Asgard. We must move Jane off world." " The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in a vault." Sif told him. " There are other paths off Asgard, ways known only to a few." Heimdall told us. " One actually." Thor stated. Everyone seemed to realise who he meant, but I didn't. " No." Volstagg said. " He will betray you." Fandral followed. " He will try." Thor told them and I realised who they were talking about. " Well, what then? Your lovely mortal is being guarded by a legion of our Einherjar who will see you coming from miles away." Fandral then said. " I won't be the one who comes for her." Thor said looking at Lady Sif. She nodded " And what of the All-Father?" she asked. " It is my sworn duty to notify him of crimes against the throne." Heimdall mentioned. " I'm sorry but, why am I being involved in this?" I asked confused. " I know you're just here to check up on me but, I could really use your help against Malekith, with the lightning and stuff." Thor said. " Assuming you can get Loki's help, and you can free this mortal, what good would it do? We'd all be dead the minute we step one foot outside the palace." Volstagg reminded Thor. " That, my friend, is why we won't be leaving by foot." Thor explained.

The next day Thor and I made our way to the cells. " Wait here." Thor told me and I waited outside the dungeons. A few minutes later both Thor and Loki walked out. " Good Morning." I smiled to Loki. " Grace." he said excited giving me a hug. " Are you in on this?" he asked while we made our way to the halls of the palace. " I sure am." I told him " It isn't treason if you're not a citizen." " How exciting." he smiled. He look way better than he had the day before. When we entered one of the main halls there was no one to be seen. " This is so unlike you, brother. So clandestine. Are you sure you wouldn't rather just punch your way out?" Loki asked jokingly. " If you keep speaking I just might." Thor threatened. " Fine. As you wish. I'm not even here." Loki said and turned himself into a guard. " Is this better?" he asked. " It's better company at least." Thor told him. " Still, we could be less conspicuous." Loki smiled turning back into himself while Thor suddenly looked like me. ' Damn my hair looks good.' I thought. " Hm, brother. You look ravishing." Loki told him, which made me blush a bit. Thor looked at his body and answered in his own voice " It will hurt no less when I kill you in this form." " Maybe even more." I told them. " Very well." Loki smiled " Perhaps you prefer one of your new companions, given that you seem to like them so much." Loki then turned himself into Steve in his full Captain America costume. " Oh, this is much better. Woh. The costume is a bit much, so tight. But the confidence, I can feel the righteousness surging." He made me laugh out loud. He turned to me " Hey, you wanna have a rousing discussion about truth, honor, patriotism? God bless Amer-" he got cut off by Thor pulling the both of us out of the way while putting his hand to Loki's mouth. " What?" I asked confused. Thor looked to the side, there were two guards walking away. " You could at least furnish me with a weapon. My dagger, something!" Loki told his brother. Thor got something out of his pocket. " At last, a little common sense." Loki said, but when he looked down he wasn't holding a weapon, he was in iron handcuffs, he sighed. " And I thought you liked tricks." Thor laughed and we walked off. " By the way you sounded exactly like Steve. That was hilarious." I whispered to Loki and he smiled.

We met up with Jane and Sif. Jane pointed to Loki " You're-" she started " I'm Loki. You may have heard of-" Loki said but got interrupted by Jane slapping him across the face. " That was for New York." she said annoyed. Loki smiled at Thor taking the slap like a champ. " you kinda deserved that." I told him. " I like her." Loki smiled. " Hey." I sarcastically bumped his side. " Oh you know I like you, don't be jealous." he told me which made me smile, he liked me. " What's happening here?" Thor asked us. " I have no idea what you're talking about." I said fake serious. " You were flirting." Thor accused Loki. " No I wasn't. Was I flirting Grace?" Loki asked me, fake surprised. " No, you obviously don't know what flirting looks like." I told Thor. " If she was flirting she would have complimented my mesmerizing smile." Loki stated, winking at me. At that moment a group of guards found us " There they are! Take them. On my command." one of them yelled. " I'll hold them off." Sif said drawing her blades. " Thank you." Thor said and he and Jane took off. Loki and I were ready to follow when Sif drew her sword and places it under Loki's throat. " Betray him and I'll kill you." she said which made Loki chuckle. " It's good to see you too, Sif." he smiled and we left to to join Thor and Jane. " What's that all about?" I asked him. " She doesn't really like me." he explained " I turned her into a bird once."

We met Volstagg where Malekith's ship had crashed into the palace. " I will give you as much time as I can." he told us. " Thank you my friend." Thor said. " As Loki and I were about to follow Thor and Jane, Volstagg stopped Loki. " If you even think about betraying him..." he started " You'll kill him?" I asked " Evidently there will be a line." We didn't have time for this. We walked past him and got onboard the ship. " You're quite the feisty one aren't you?" Loki asked me. " If I have to be." I told him. Thor looked at the controls and started pressing some button, looking unsure of what he was doing. " I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing." Loki said annoyed. " I said, 'how hard could it be?'" Thor said. " Well, whatever you're doing, brother, I suggest you do it faster." Loki told him. " Shut up, Loki." Thor said annoyed and continued to frantically press every button to start the ship." You must have missed something." Loki said. " No, I didn't, I'm pressing every button on this thing." Thor shot back. " No, don't hit it, just press it gently." Loki told him as he was hitting the buttons. " I am pressing it gently. It's not working!" Thor shouted. " Let me try." I said gently pressing the buttons. Suddenly the ship came to life. " Here you go." I smiled proudly. the ship started to rise, hitting the columns of the palace. " I think you missed a column." Loki joked. " Shut up!" Thor yelled at him. The ship broke through the palace walls and took off.