11. Puny god

A lot had been happening while I was zapping the aliens around me. Nat was on one of their chariots, Steve was off to somewhere to save civilians and Clint had made Loki crash into Stark Tower. 

I saw Hulk look up, " Care to give me a lift up there?" I asked him. He grinned, swung me over his shoulder and jumped up to the penthouse. The Hulk kicked Loki back, he collapsed and hit a wall. Hulk put me down and we looked at Loki. He stood up in the broken glass. 

" You." he said looking at me. 

" Yes me, have you met my friend Hulk?" I asked him. Bruce gave him a scary grin. 

" You think you can intimidate me?" he asked with a laugh " You are, all of you beneath me! I am a god, you dull creatures, and I will not be bullied-" Hulk grabbed him by the legs and smashed him against the floor repeatedly and threw him aside to the ground. 

" Puny god." Hulk said walking away from him. Loki lay there, letting out a high squeal of pain. 

" Well mister god," I said leaning over him " my dad did tell you we have a Hulk." His eyes shot up at me, so I smiled and walked off. I made my way to the roof where Selvig and Nat were. 

" It's not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing." I heard Nat tell Selvig when I walked out, he was himself again. 

 " Well, actually I think I did. I built in a safety to cut the power source." he told her. 

" Loki's scepter." Nat said. 

" It might be able to close the portal." Selvig told us, looking down to another part of the roof " And I'm looking right at it." 

" I'll get it." I told them and started to climb down. I got it, climbed back up and looked at the scepter. It was actually really pretty. The glowing stone inside it was absolutely beautiful. 

Selvig was clacking away on a laptop and I was ready to use the scepter when Nat stopped me " I'll do it." she said. I handed it to her and she started to break the force field with it. She was almost touching the Tesseract. " I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!" She told everybody. 

* Do it!* Steve told her. 

* No, wait!* dad suddenly said. 

* Stark, these things are still coming!* Steve told him. 

* I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it.* I looked up at the portal, 

" Why the hell is there a nuke?!" I asked confused. A second later I saw dad flying by, a rocket on his back. 

* Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?* Steve asked him. 

" Wait what? Dad you can't do that." I told him. 

* I have to Grace.* he said. 

" No you don't." I told him " You can fly back." 

* I love you Cowboy.* He told me. 

" Dad?" he didn't answer, he had flown through the portal. " Dad?" I asked again, still nothing. I looked down to the streets. Suddenly, all of the Chitauri and Leviathans kneeled over and began to shake. Then they stopped, and fell over. 

I looked back up at the portal, he had to fly out any moment. We stood there, looking up. 

" Come on dad." I whispered. 

" Come on, Stark..." I could hear Nat murmer. 

I started to feel tears stream down my cheeks. " Come on dad." I said now more desperate. 

* Close it.* Steve told Nat. 

" No!" I yelled " He's still up there!" 

Natasha looked at me, a sad look. " I'm sorry Grace." she said and pulled out the scepter. 

I broke down to my knees. " Nonono." They had just left him in there. My dad was gone. " This can't be happening." I told myself, Nat kneeled down to comfort me. 

* Son of a gun!* I suddenly heard from my earpiece. I looked up to where the portal had been. A figure was falling down. I ran towards the edge of the rooftop and looked at it. It was my dad. I started to speed down the tower as fast as I could. Running towards where the rest of the team was. 

* He's not slowing down.* Thor said flying up to him. But before he could catch my dad, Hulk jumped into view and snagged dad out of the air. They slided down a building. When I arrived dad was lying on the ground, with an open helmet. 

" Alright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it." Which made me smile. 

" We're not finished yet." Thor told us looking up at the tower. 

" And then shawarma after." dad said. When he got up I slapped him on the head. 

" Auw, what was that for?" he asked confused. 

" Don't ever, do that again!" I told him.

 He smiled " What? Saving the planet?" 

" No, carrying a nuke through an alien portal."

 He smiled " Sure Cowboy."

Loki crawled onto the stair, looking like a defeated rag doll. He took a few breathers, and sensed we were behind him. He turned around at us and gave us a weak smile. 

" If it's all the same to you. I'll have that drink." he said. I pulled him up from the ground and put some handcuffs on him. 

" Should have thought about that before you tried to kill us buddy." I told him and handed him over to another agent. 

" And now, shawarma." dad said walking back to the elevator. I grabbed my bag from the corner of the room, I had left it there before the fight. I got out my Ipod. I put in my earbuds and we all made our way down the street.

 " What are you listening?" Steve asked. 

" The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song." I told him. 

" What's that?" he asked confused. 

I looked up at him " You really need to make a list of things to catch up on." I told him. 

" And what would I put on there?" he asked " Beside the prince of Bel- Air?" 

While we were eating I got a paper and a pen and started writing. " Okay here's what I have." I told Steve and showed him the paper. 

" They landed on the moon?" he asked in shock, which made me chuckle. Along the moon landing there was, Star Wars, Steve Jobs and The Berlin Wall. 

I looked around at the Avengers. We looked horrible. Tired, dirty, hungry. I suddenly felt my phone buzz. I looked at it, a text, from Wade.

StupidFuck

What the hell just happened in New York?!!

LilShit

E.T. came to visit

StupidFuck

You gave away your identity you idiot.

LilShit

Do I look like I give a shit? I just saved the planet you dipshit!

StupidFuck

Well congrats, you want a cookie for that?

LilShit

Excuse you?

StupidFuck

I'm just kidding. Thank you for not letting them take over the planet.

StupidFuck

You're welcome. Now shut up, I'm eating Shawarma.