Nightmares

*Olivia's POV*

I gave Blake a t-shirt to sleep and left the room. For some reason, Blake is unlike any other victim I've ever met. She's different, like she was meant to be my daughter. I can't get too attached to her because she'll be leaving soon.

I undressed, took a shower and put on my pajamas and laid down. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 4:40am. I pulled out my phone and I saw that Elliot had texted me. He told me that Captain Cregan said to take today off because I had been out so late. I sent a text back and plugged the charger into my phone. Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I heard a scream. I had never heard a scream like that. I jumped up and grabbed my gun. Then I remembered that Blake was in the house and it was probably her that had screamed. I ran out of my room and rushed down the dark hallway.

I finally reached Blake's room. I opened the door and turned the light on. Blake was fighting in her sleep. She was crying and the sheets were everywhere. Her fists were balled up and sweat was pouring down her face. My heart ripped open when I saw the state that she was in. I ran over to her and pinned her arms down to keep her from hurting me or herself. In the process, she kicked me in the thigh and it hurt, badly. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she was fighting for her life. But considering the background that she had, she probably was.

"Blake! Blake! Sweetie, wake up!" I yelled. She still refused to wake up. I took her by the shoulders and shook her a little.

"Noooo!! Help! He's hurting me!" Blake yelled. She was screaming so bad that the veins in her neck were popping out.

"Blake, I need you to wake up!" I yelled, still shaking her. Immediately, her eyes popped open. She looked shocked and tears filled her eyes.

"You're okay. It was just a dream." I said, stroking her hair. I picked up the blankets from off the floor and fixed the bed. I assumed that she didn't want me to leave, so I climbed in bed with her. I held my arms out, and of course she flinched away. After realizing that I wasn't going to hurt her, she leaned into me so that her head was resting on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight. I rocked back and forth and stroked her hair in attempt to soothe her. Then, she started to cry really hard.

"Shhh, baby, it's okay. It's okay, I've got you." I said softly. Her tears wet my pajama shirt as I continued to whisper soothing words in her ear. After about five minutes, she started to calm down. When she calmed down, I thought it was the time to ask her what had happened. It was late, she was tired, I was tired, and I didn't want to put her through any more torture by asking her to tell me her full story, so I decided that I would only ask what happened in the dream. Maybe that would give me some type of clue.

"Can you tell me what happened in your dream?" I asked in a soft tone.

"He hurt me again." Blake sobbed.

I continued stroking her hair as she buried her face in my chest.

"How?" I asked.

"H-He..." she trailed off.

"Go on, it's alright. Nobody's gonna hurt you here." I said.

"The man let them rape me again." Blake's muffled voice said.

"Sweetheart, did this happen for real?" I asked.

"Yeah, when I was 6. That's when he sold me to another man."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked.

"No, not tonight." Blake simply stated.

"Alright. You don't have to."

I lifted my hand and wiped Blake's tears away. Blake wrapped her arms around my waist and let out a small sigh.

"Don't leave me." Blake said.

"I won't." I said, rubbing circles on her back. I wanted to cry so bad but I had to be strong for her. No one should ever have to go through that.

"Don't leave me, please don't leave me." Blake begged.

**

*Blake's POV*

"Baby, I wont, I promise you." Olivia said.

I wanted to tell Olivia the full story of what had happened to me. But I didn't want to do it tonight. She said she wouldn't leave, but I still didn't trust her word. Everyone else said they'd always be there, but they all left.

I loved lying in Olivia's arms. I heard her heart beating in my ear and she smelled like roses. I've never felt this loved, or safe in my life. I felt like I didn't have to worry, and I didn't have to fight for myself because someone was there for me. Olivia was there. But I couldn't get too comfortable because I didn't know what she'd do.

**

*Olivia's POV*

I told Blake to go wash her face while I remade the bed. When she came back, we got into bed and she snuggled up close to me. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer to me.

"I'm here, and everything's gonna be alright." I said, stroking her hair. A few minutes later, I felt her breathing even out and I knew that she had fallen asleep. I looked up and the clock on the wall and it read 6:15am. I was exhausted but I couldn't sleep just yet. After I was sure that Blake had gone to sleep, I let the tears flow freely. I slowly wiped them away so that Blake wouldn't wake up. About 10 minutes later, my eyes got heavy and I drifted off to sleep.

*Author's Note*

This chapter is dedicated to @Tia246 for being the first to comment! Thanks so much!

How's the story so far?? Any suggestions?  The next chapter will be dedicated to the first commenter! :) A new update will be posted tomorrow.