Trust Me

*Olivia’s POV*

After I dropped Blake off at home, I went back to work to finish my shift. I walked in the precinct and sat at my desk to lounge around. I didn’t have anything else to do because all my papers had been filed and no one had called in to report anything.

A few minutes later, my lounging session over when Captain Cregan came over and told me to head to a victim’s apartment. “And take Rollins with you,” he said.

“Where’s Elliot?” I asked.

“Interrogating a perp with Amaro. I know that he’s your partner but the victim made it very clear that she’d feel more comfortable in a penis-free environment,”

“Oh,” I mumbled, raising my eyebrows. By that time, Rollins had walked over to me. “You ready?” she inquired.

“Yeah,”

We got in the car and Rollins fired up the engine. I longed for Elliot to be with me, to hold my hand, to look over at me and tell me that he loved me. I missed the cologne that filled the car and the way that he guided the steering wheel with just his right hand. It was an awkward silence and then about five minutes into the ride Rollins spoke up.

“I know,” she said.

“Know what?”

“I know, ya know, about you and Elliot,”

I didn’t want to talk about my love life with her. She’s a colleague; and a new one at that. It just didn’t seem right. Furthermore, if everyone knew about Elliot and I, it could jeopardize our relationship and maybe even our jobs.

“Amanda-” I sighed.

“No, Liv. Don’t lie to me,” Amanda said, reaching a stop sign and stopping the car completely. “You can trust me. No one will know anything. I know how exposing your relationship can create problems, especially when you work together. I get it,” she nodded. She focused on the road and continued to drive.

I felt myself let my guards down a little. After all, I didn’t really have a reason not to trust Amanda. As far as I know, she’s a trustworthy person and everyone deserves to be trusted. I wanted to listen to her and hear her out.

“How’d you know?” I asked quietly.

“Olivia, I’m from the south. Long, hot summer nights sitting on the tailgate, dancing in the moonlight with the one you love. There’s only one thing I can do better than picking out a perp, and that’s picking out someone who’s in love,” she said, smiling. “I’ve seen the way that he looks at you. The way his mouth drops whenever you walk into the precinct. It’s like he sees a pot of gold, right in front of him but he can’t reach out and get it. Every time I see him look at you, he’s in a daze. Believe me, I’ve had to snap him out of it multiple times. All he ever did was blame his daydreaming on just being tired though. But I swear I saw him drool one time,” We both laughed and she continued talking. “And you, Olivia. You need him. After he stopped working at SVU the first time, I know that it broke you. I could see the pain in your eyes every time you looked at his old desk and realized that he wasn’t there. I saw how you kept pushing Nick away,” she paused. “But when Elliot came back, you were happier than I had ever seen you. You arrived early to work and every single day, you worked over time. A few weeks ago, I saw how he hugged you after Captain told you that Fin and Munch were going to arrest that perp that raped his daughter. When he put his arms around your waist, I knew then, that it was official,”

“He makes me happy. It’s nice to have someone to call yours. Just someone to be there for me when I need them. Don’t get me wrong, I love being there for others it’s just that sometimes, you need a break from being the strong person,” I paused because I was starting to get teary eyed.  I never thought that one day, I’d be able to call Elliot mine.