I Love You

*Olivia's POV*

I hope Blake is having a good day at school. She hasn't text or called yet, so that could only mean everything was going good. I was sitting in the car with Elliot. We were waiting for a suspect to come out of his apartment.

"Hey Liv,"

"Yeah?"

"How's Blake doing? You know, since it's her first day and all."

"She's doing good. She hasn't text me so I think she's okay. She didn't wanna go to school, and it broke my heart to make her go. But what can I do, ya know?"

"Yeah, first day is always a hassle."

"You would know." I said, with a smile.

"I mean, I do have four kids." Elliot said with a hand gesture.

"How are they?" I asked, staring out the window.

A month ago, Elliot and Kathy divorced and he came back to work. They always fought and Elliot decided that the kids should live with their mom because his job is so stressful and demanding. Thank goodness that Blake is a teenager and doesn't need around the clock care.

I must admit, I'm happy that Elliot is back because things just weren't the same without him.

"They're doing good. I kept the kids last weekend. So, this weekend I'm free. Speaking of which-" Elliot said, reaching over to grab my hand. Chills shot down my spine and as awkward as it was, it felt great. I've always had a thing for Elliot but I could never open up about it because he was a married man, and I am not a home wrecker.

"Let's say we ditch the job and go on a date? Where ever you want to go." Elliot said, with a smile on his face. My heart fluttered and I didn't know what to say.

"El-"

"C'mon, Liv." he begged.

My eyes roamed to the apartment that we were sitting outside of. The door was cracked open and our suspect was sticking his head out the door. He was checking to see if the coast was clear. I looked down at Elliot's hand. I never wanted this moment to end, but work comes first and I'm not risking my job for a relationship that could possibly fall apart.

"Let's get him first." I said, pulling my hand out of Elliot's grasp and pointing to the suspect, who was now walking down his steps. Elliot's expression fell as I opened the door.

"Perfect timing." I heard him angrily mumble under his breath. I smiled to myself and started walking in the direction of the suspect. Elliot drove off to the corner, just in case the perp tried to run. Just as I got close to him, the perps eyes met mine and he turned to run away, but Elliot cornered him with the car.

"Police!" I yelled, jogging towards him, holding up my badge. His face flushed red and he lunged at me. I felt something hard hit my face and I knew that he had punched me. I grabbed my face with my hand. I immediately punched him back. My hand made hard contact with his nose and he stumbled back. Just then, Elliot came up and grabbed him from behind. Elliot slammed the perp into the brick wall. Elliot gave him a couple blows to the stomach.

"El-" I said. He turned around and looked at me. "Its okay, just handcuff him already."

"You messed with the wrong woman." Elliot said, handcuffing the man.

"Hey, I ain't did nothin' to nobody." the man said in a thick New York accent.

"Sure ya did. Punching a police officer is a crime and so is rape." Elliot said, grabbing him by the arm to lead him to the car.