🍁48🍁

◇

Jinae saw Jungkook from inside the cafe. It was hard to tell it was him, but she knew it was. She set the money down and paid for the drinks. Pulling up her hood and mask, she started to follow the boy.

Where could this coconut be going in this weather?

She followed about ten metres behind him for most of the walk. He would just keep walking forward, not looking where he was going.

This man is trying to get himself killed I swear to god-

He turned a corner into a side street. He entered a flower shop and came out a few minutes later with a bunch of white lilies.

Is he going on a date? With Lisa?

Jungkook looked back but Jinae had her phone out as if she was on it, texting. He turned back and continued to walk down the roads.

He's heading out of the city? Why would he walk and not just get a taxi?

Jungkook continued to walk down the main streets out of the city. Jinae was still confused as to where he was going, so she continued to follow him until they arrived at a place where she didn't expect.

A graveyard

"What's he doing here? I don't remember him saying about any dead relatives?" She said to herself and followed him in. She walked softly and quietly behind him as he approached a tombstone. She couldn't see what it said though.

"Hello Hyung, how has the afterlife been treating you? Are you having fun? Without me? If it was my choice, I would have jumped in after you but, I can't leave mom, not now." He set the lilies down and stood up.

Hyung? An older friend of his?

Jungkook suddenly fell to his knees and screamed. "Why did you have to leave me! I have to work day and night just so mom can eat! I have to live in a poor part of Seoul just so I'm not on the streets! I couldn't afford to get an education! I couldn't affort dad's medical bills! That's why mom is getting money! She's dad's carer! She doesn't make enough to keep herself fed and dad! Why can't I do better?!" He screamed and cried.

Tears began to build up in Jinae's eyes, witnessing this. It was heartbreaking to see him break himself and blame himself for this. Jinae had no idea about Jungkook's family but she knew from Namjoon that Jungkook had an older brother but he lived in America.

"Why couldn't I just pull myself together?! Why did I have to ruin everything I loved?! I couldn't see her for five years after you! I broke her by taking out everything on her! I couldn't stop loving her! Not even after I was threatened to leave her alone! Not even when she was scared of me! Not even when she started dating my best friend!" He sobbed and sobbed until he couldn't breathe. He stood up and shook a little. He left the site and Jiane was frozen on her knees. She crawled over to the tombstone.

"Hey? Joon? What's Jungkook's brother's name?"

"Jeon Junghyun."

The tombstone read:

"Here lies a warior of a battle that couldn't be won. He will always be in our hearts and in constant peace, Euphoria.

Jeon Junghyun"