Chapter 6

I get to detention after my 'hang' with Ace. He never showed up; typical. But that didn't stop him from bugging me. Bugging me at every chance he got. Winking as we pass by, 'accidentally' bumping into me, waiting by my locker. The cherry on top of the sundae was, he did all of this in one day; making me angry that he could so easily get to me.

"Ok class, I'm going to assign you a project..."

"Boo!"

"Mister Jackson, quiet. As I was saying, your project will be due in two weeks and you will have partners." Sadly, Kiara wasn't in my history class; Vince was.

"Lame." Jay mumbles

"Don't get to happy, I will be assigning your partners." He goes down the list. Her with him; him with her. Vince gets partners with Jay, Levi with Lola.

"And finally, Angelina and Ace." My stomach drops.

Stay away from Ace Night

Pretty hard to stay away from him when I'm partners with him. And because he wanted me; He wanted me to be his.

"Break out into your groups and get started."

I pull out a notebook and pencil and start to write down ideas. Ignoring the devilishly handsome guy in front of me.

"Hello partner."

"Ace." He takes a seat next to me and continues to watch me.

"I think we should do our project on the Roaring Twenties."

"Or maybe you do the Roaring Twenties and I watch." His cocky smirk; I'll tell you what I want to do to that stupid smirk. I want to rip that mouth right off of him.

"I don't know about you, but I want to get a good grade and graduate. This is a group project, meaning you will help."

"Only for you, Angel."

"Come over to my house today."

"Your brothers and father will kill me."

"And my brothers and father will kill me if I go to your house. Better you than me."

"Fine." The last bell rings as I gather my stuff.

"I can give you a ride." Ace follows me out of the class and into the parking lot.

"I took my car and I have to drop my cousin at her house."

"See you there then." I watch him as he hops onto his motorcycle; speeding off.

"You were talking to Ace Night after what he did." Kiara joins me

"Yep. We're partners in a history project together."

"That's it?" To be or not to be? That is the question.

I drop Kiara off after telling her over and over that nothing was happening between Ace and I. At least I thought that was the truth. When I enter the house, I could already hear the angry voices.

"Get out!"

"Angel told me to come."

"That's a new one."

"Just tell me where Angel is."

"Chill our all of you." I enter the living room and see Enzo and Vince arguing with Ace.

"I told him to come...we have a project together."

"You can't be serious." Enzo says

"Don't blame me. Come on Ace." He smirks then follows me out of the room. Enzo and Vince yelling after us.