Chapter 42

"I fucking hate Dylan." I stubble my way to the couch. Ace, Jay and Levi crowding around Kira and I. I fall down on to the couch and make myself comfy.

"What the fuck happened!" Jay yells

"Go get the first aid. Now!" Ace yells towards Levi. Ace kneels down besides me and intertwines our hands.

"You look like hell, Angel."

"I feel like hell."

"What happened?" Jay says

"Lina and I were out shopping for a dress. When we were leaving, Lina noticed someone following us."

"Who was he?" Jay asks

"Someone working for Dylan. He wanted me." I grunt out. Levi comes running into the living room again with a white box.

"We have to get you cleaned up Angel." Ace takes the first aid from Levi and begins to sort through it.

"Call Enzo." Ace says

"What! No! He will kill you for letting this happen to me."

"I don't care. And while you're at it, call Axel."

"You have to be kidding me." Ace takes a cotton ball and starts to dab at the tiny cuts on my face. The same stinging sensation returning.

"Be careful. It hurts."

"Sorry baby."

Ace continues to treat my wounds, all the while Jay tries to calm down a crying Kiara. I was afraid of what Enzo might do to Ace. I was also afraid of what they might ask me.

I killed that man.

I'm suppose to be this pure angel in the family. But all because of Ace, I'm being filled with this darkness. A darkness that I am in love with; but also terrified of.

"Why the fuck is my sister injured?" Enzo comes running into the house like a mad man.

"Calm down Enzo." I mumble

"She and Kiara had a run in with one of Dylan's minions." Ace answers

"I thought you were going to protect her Ace? I thought that was our agreement!"

"I didn't know he was going to attack her in public! And obviously she can protect herself otherwise she wouldn't be here!" Ace leaves my side and begins to curse at Enzo. Both of them begin to yell at each other.

"Just shut up!" Ace and Enzo stop their motions and look towards me. I sit up from the couch and face the crazy assholes.

"Ace is right. If I didn't...stop the guy...Kiara and I would be with Dylan right now."

"Lina, where is the guy? The guy that also kidnapped you." I swallow hard; isn't it obvious with the blood all over my clothes?

"I...had to...keep him from following us."

"What happened to the guy Angelina?"

"I...killed him." Almost immediately, Ace walks towards me and pulls me in for a hug.

"You shouldn't have had to do that. I should have went with you guys."

"It's okay."

"It's not okay. You killed a person. Another person. You shouldn't have to do this."

"I did it to protect my best friend."

"I just wish you didn't have to kill someone to do it."