Chapter 39

"Vince...he's been shot...he's in the hospital."

I couldn't move. Streams of water flowing down my face. My twin; my other half.

"Get here now Lina. He needs you."

I nod while still holding the phone to my ear. With shaking hands, I pass the phone to Ace. He talks to my mother for a few seconds; I continue to fix my hair and clothes. All the while having a shocked expression.

"Listen Angel, we're going to go to the hospital."

"O-Okay."

"I'll drive. I will get Levi to drive your car home. Come on." He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the closet.

By now classes were getting out. The hallways being packed with students heading to break. My mind was running a million times a second; I was dead to the world.

"Ace, what's the rush?" Jay and Kiara stop us in front of them.

"Vincent has been shot. We're going to the hospital."

"We'll meet you there." Ace takes the lead as Kiara and Jay follow us.

Ace helps me into the car then proceeds to get into the drivers seat. I believe he broke the speed limit driving to my families hospital. I the only thing I could do was think about my brother. It was my fault he was hurt. If only I listened to Dylan and his threat.

"We're almost there Angel."

He pulls up the building and parks his car. Jay's car wasn't that far behind us. Once I got out of the car, Jay and Kiara were walking up to us. We rush inside and to the front desk.

"Miss Northman. Your family is down the hall to the right. I pray for you."

"Thanks."

We run down the hall until I see my crying mother. One of her babies was hurt; I hate to see her cry. My father was comforting her, but once he caught sight of Ace; hell was about to break free.

He lets go of mom and starts to walk towards us with an angry expression. Enzo is quick to hold him back.

"Dad, he didn't do anything." Enzo says

"Let go of me Lorenzo. Because of him, my son is fighting for his life." Father was not happy. I could see his fear; he was on the verge of breaking down.

"Ace has nothing to do with this..."

"I don't care. He put Vincent in danger."

"I'm sorry sir. I didn't want Vince to get hurt. I don't want your family to get hurt because of me." I grab Ace's hand and squeeze it tight. I need him; I need him more then ever.

I spot dad look down at our hands. Something passing through his eyes. I would like to believe he now understood the connection Ace and I shared. Or it could be a little truce for the situation we are in now.

"Fine. He can stay...but I will be watching you." Enzo's hand drops back down to his side, letting Father go back to comforting mom.

Not long after does our families doctor approach us. He had a sad look which made my stomach turn.

"Alec, I have news." Doctor Ryan says

"Is our son okay?" Mom says

"He made it through surgery. The bullet didn't hit any major parts, but he lost a lot of blood. He was lucky to get here when he did."

"That's good news." Enzo mumbles

"Vincent is sleeping, and we don't know when he will wake up. But he will be okay."