Chapter 14

I wake up early that morning. I don't even think my brothers were up; they usually wake up to do their workouts. Father would probably be in his office; mom would be working. She said she would be coming home soon to take me to the audition.

          I throw my hair up into a tight neat bun before slipping into a leotard.

          My ballet flats were tied up and around my ankles. The radio was playing a classic ballet song as my feet dance across the floor. I mess up once again; for the tenth time. I groan in frustration when my phone rings.

"Hey Angel."

"I'm busy Ace."

"Whoa. What's wrong Angel?"

"Sorry, I didn't get much sleep and I'm nervous."

"Listen to me Angel. You are the best dancer in New York. And if Juilliard don't see it then they are fucking stupid."

"Is that suppose to be a pep talk?"

"You are going to do amazing Angel. Dancing is in your blood. It is your dream."

"Thank you Ace. You helped me a lot."

"Anytime Angel. And remember our date is at seven."

"I remember."

"Dress causal."

"Are you going to tell me where it is?"

"A surprise Angel. Trust me."

"See you later."

"Good luck Angel." I hang up the phone; my head back in the game. Ace is a man of many words.

          I practiced for another two hours. The front door opens and my mom screams for me. I gather my bag and head out of the dance studio. My mother and father at the door.

"Ready Lina?" Mom asks

"Yeah. Are you coming to dad?"

"Of course Lina. I will always support you." I flash him a smile then follow them outside. Father takes the wheel with mom next to him. I was in the back listening to music; trying to settle my nerves.

          The audition was taking place at the college in the city. Mom would talk about how I would do amazing, dad pooping in and out of the conversation.

          We get in to the school and find our way through the maze of hallways. Another girl was already inside giving her audition; making me ten times nervous.

"Lina, you are a beautiful dancer and you will do perfectly. It's natural for you." Mom gives me a hug then turns me to dad.

"Listen to your mother, you are a sight when you dance. You are a vision."

"Thanks dad." I give him a quick hug then turn around in time for the girl to leave the room.

"God I hope I do good." I whisper to myself as I take steps inside; the door closing behind me.

          There were three people in front of me; one man and two woman. One of the ladies were older and had her hair in a tight bun. The man was wearing a suit. The younger woman was in fancy attire and sat in the middle.
           The older woman was the most scariest ballet teacher in all of New York; Madam Claire. The man was most likely how I got the audition, Mr. Oliver. And the head of Juilliard, Mrs. Scott.

"Angelina Northman...what a pleasure to meet you." I walk up to the table and shake each other their hands.

"It's an honor to meet all of you."