Chapter 24

Monday morning rolled around. I had to drag myself out of my bed. I took a half an hour shower; just sitting in there. Letting the water fall, like that dreadful night.

I had to put in some effort in my clothing or Kiara might skin me alive. I toss on black jeans with a dark green crop top. Keeping my glasses on and my sunflower necklace on, I leave my room with my my bag in hand.

Father and Lorenzo already in dad's office discussing business. That reminds me to talk to dad's bodyguard. He was insanely buff and could possible teach me in the art of combat.

Kiara and Vincent were waiting for me at the breakfast table. Kiara not to fond of Vincent's face at the moment.

"Let's just get through this day." I mumble

"I need a ride...my car is in the shop." I for one, knew that his car was perfectly fine. He just wanted to get in my good graces. But that was going to take a long, long time.

"Whatever. Kiara is driving anyway." I shrug and walk off without eating breakfast. Like I said, I wasn't in the mood to do much of anything anymore.

I sat in the back of the car, tuning out Kiara and Vince. They were having their own private conversation in the front; very quietly. When she parks the car, I was the first one out. Vincent goes off with his friends as Kiara runs to catch up with me.

"Slow down lady."

"Sorry...I just don't want to be here when..."

"I get it."

"So, how is it going with Jay?"

"Perfect actually."

"Well, I want to hear all the details later."

"You sure?"

"My love life might be non-exist, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear about yours."

"If you say so." I smile at her as the first bell rings. I wave good bye to her then speed off to my first class. My class had that bastard in it, but I'll just sit by myself in the front.

I was one of the first people in the room. I take my seat and keep my head down. He might have entered, but I didn't see him enter. And I didn't turn around either.

The teacher talks on about grammar and how to properly use it. I couldn't stop thinking about learning how to protect myself. Maybe father would be proud of me and finally talk to me; Wouldn't that be nice.

With the thoughts of Mafia life in my head; I think of my mother. She was a kick butt chick. Didn't take anything from anyone. She was honestly my idol; my hero. I wanted to be like her when I was little. But then I found out what life we live in; and what life my father wanted me to have. Two completely different things.

He wanted me to go off to a top college and follow my dreams of becoming a professional ballerina. The funny thing is that plan got hit by a speed bump; a speed bump by the name of Ace Night. I could barley look at a pair of ballet flats without shedding a few tears.

            The bell rings and I quickly put my stuff away. I leave the class in a hurry and down the hallway. Usually my friends and I would go to the diner to have lunch; obviously that wasn't going to happen anymore.

             Jay and Kiara were flirting with each other while Levi was eating food, like always. No sign of Ace; all clear. I join them before the other person does.

"Lina, good to see you." Levi says, making Jay and Kiara turn towards me.

"Hello." I could tell they were holding back from discussing what happened over the break. I was thankful for that.

"Want some chicken nuggets?" Levi asks while pushing a box of chicken over.

"Of course." I grab one and take a bite out of it.

"So, what's new?" Levi talks to me as Kiara and Kay return to their flirting.

"Not much..." He looked at me with big eyes; his smile in a thin line.

"I know that you know what happened. And I don't really want to talk about it."

"Your choice. It's better to talk about it, then bottle your emotions. We've all been through it. It gets easier." I knew that he was right. And I should really listen to him. But I rather fight out my anger. With some knifes too. Knifes are fun.

"Welp, that's the bell. See ya." Levi takes the remains of the chicken nuggets off to his class. Jay and Kiara going to their class together. I grab my stuff and walk off. In the hallway, just a couple feet away from me was him. He was leaning against the lockers with Jay, Kiara and Levi in front of him. I wasn't mad at them; they were his friend too.

          I stood there as they talked. Students passing me as I blocked the middle of the walk way. I couldn't move; it was the first time I saw him in weeks. It felt like a breath of relief.

          I once believed I could go up to him and take his hand in mine. But that's a fairytale.

           I saw him smirk; damn I love that smirk. I can't obsess. But people obsess over things they can't have. His head turns to the side; his eyes catching mine. Immediately, his smirk drops; everything drops.

           I turn back around in the opposite direction and walk; more like sprint. My class was the other way, but I couldn't go. He was in my mind.

           I rest in the secret garden that only two people one of; Ace and me. I doubt he would come back; making it the perfect place. That's where I spent the rest of the day until the last bell rang.

          Kiara drops off my twin and I at our house. Not even a minute after I enter, I'm already being yelled at.

"Angelina! Why weren't you in class today?" My father talks to me for the first time in weeks.

"So no more silent treatment?" I snap

"Do not give me that tone Angelina!" Father snaps right back at me

"Alec, do not yell at our daughter!" My mother being awesome as always.

"First it's the lying, then Ace. Now she's taken his ways and skipping class." That's when the yelling broke out. Mom was yelling at Dad; Vincent yelling at Dad; Enzo joining the conversation and yelling.

          It was to much. The yelling was killing me from the inside out. I couldn't handle it. I couldn't handle all the yelling. So I finally snap.

"Shut the fuck up!" And they did. All of them silencing and turning to me. All to witness my very first cuss word.

"You guys don't see it? You don't see that I'm broken? You are to caught up in my bad deeds to notice that I am breaking by the second."

           They didn't say anything. My guess was that they were to shocked by my new found word and my statement.

          I run up to my room and slam the door close. Falling down on to my bed. But not soon after does the door open.

"What's happening to you Lina?"

"First it hurts...then it changes you."

Damn Lina

Damn Lina

Hope you enjoyed Angels