Chapter 16

The night didn't end like a guessed it would. Mother and Father came home earlier the Kiara had planned. She guess that her parents and mine would take longer at dinner; she made sure of it with my mom and hers. But boys will be boys, and they are stubborn; they don't trust their children to be home alone. Good thing because I believe someone was about to have sex in my parents house.

             Father came and kicked everyone out the second after Ace and I kissed. He said he had to go, then just left. I was still shocked from the kiss. My fingers had gone to my lips; still feeling the way Ace's felt on mine.

           Father and Uncle Ajax have been screaming at us for the past five minutes now. Vincent, Enzo, Kiara and I were in a line; awaiting our punishment.

"This is why we don't leave you kids alone!" Uncle Ajax yells

"It was the twins birthday. They deserve fun." Mom tries to help us out.

"But look at the house!" And he was right. I couldn't even describe what the living room looked like right now.

"Lorenzo, Vincent and Angelina...all of you are grounded for a month!" Father dropping down the iron fist.

"Dad!"

"That's not fair!"

"We're adults!" Enzo, Vinny and I yelling in protest at father; mother trying to reason with me.

"Kiara, you are grounded for two months." Uncle Ajax says

"What the hell dad! They only got one month!"

"Yes, but it was the twins birthday. And you were the mastermind."

"Not fucking fair..." Kiara goes off rambling a list of curse words.

"It's been a long night. Off to your rooms." Father lets us go. My brothers and I walk in silence until I realize they walk me to my room.

"Good night boys."

"What happen to you tonight?" Enzo questions

"I saw you step out." Vincent continues

"I needed some air..."

"You were with Ace." Enzo flatly states

"Maybe I was Enzo. Is that so bad?"

"We just don't want you getting hurt." Their eyes go down to the sunflower necklace Ace got me. Both letting out a sigh.

"Just be careful Lina. Night." The brothers walk away; in time for me to enter my room.

***

          The weekend flew by like a blink of an eye. I didn't do much, but obsess about the kiss between Ace and I. What would happen now? I'm to much of a coward to confront him.

          Monday morning and the school was buzzing with the Northman's awesome party. Claiming it to be the party of the year.

          I walk through the halls as people greet me left and right. I saw Ace just a few lockers down from me. He was talking to Levi; Jay was with Blair making out in a closet. I knew because she had told me, she confronted him at the party. I guess they were together now?

           He saw me and smiled. He says something to Levi before taking strides towards me. I stiffen up and turn around; walking as fast as my legs could carry me in the other direction. I heard him cal after me, but I didn't turn around. I didn't know what to say or do. I took the easy way out.