Chapter 7

Kiara and I talk in the dance studio as I practice. It was the usual girl talk; talking about boys, more boys and Ace.

"How about Jay?"

"What about him?"

"You are crazy for boys Kiara. And Jay is a very handsome man."

"He's a fuck boy."

"Yet, you are dragging him along."

"Same goes for you."

"Ace? No...we're just classmates."

"You like to think that."

"Never going to happen." I knew I was lying to her and myself. I knew I was attracted to Ace; but I was scared of what that would bring.

"I gotta go. I have to work on my project."

"Have fun!"

"Shut up Lina!" I giggle to myself as she leaves. My phone vibrates, notifying me of a text.

Wanna hang out?

Ace? How did you get my number?

I have my ways, Angel. So, wanna hang out?

Sure.

My address is ***********.

See you in 10. To say I wasn't excited would be an understatement. Going to the Ace Night's house.

I rush out of the studio and to my room. I throw on a crop top and some jeans and head out the door.

"Where are you going Angelina?" Dad stops me before I could reach the front door handle. My family was siting in the living room; I look them straight in the eyes...and lie.

"Going to hang out with a friend."

"A new friend?"

"Yeah."

"No boys right?"

"Right dad. No boys." No one said anything; father looks at me. He could see my soul, searching for any drop of sin.

"Have fun." I quietly let out a breath.

"Thanks." He didn't question me further; he trusts me. Why would his little princess, lie to his face? And I did it for Ace.

His house wasn't that far from mine. His house was just as big as mine. A big driveway to hold all the cars for a big party; a grand ballroom for the parties; causal rich people stuff. Which brings up the question, how did Ace get into the high school? Was he just rich?

I park my car and knock at his front door. There was no noise on the other side.

"Hello? Ace?" I continue to knock, but there's no noise. I twist the door knob; unlocked. I walk inside.

"Ace? It's Lina!" Still no answer; I hope there's no one home.

"Ace!" Then I heard footsteps, coming from upstairs.

"Hey Ace..." I turn around and see a man. He looks like Ace, but a bit older. His eyes seemed darker; he makes me uneasy.

"Well look what we have here." He starts to move closer to me, I move back.

"Are you Ace's brother? Axel?"

"Smart girl."

"Is Ace here?"

"He is...occupied right now. But we can have fun."

"Excuse me?" I was against the door now. Axel was trapping me. It was like when Ace trapped me against the lockers, but this did not feel right.