Chapter 12

After I lie to my parents about where I was after my brothers got home yesterday, I walk off to my room.

I throw on some sweats, a tank top and a cardigan. I brush my hair into a braid and put on my reading glasses.

I had homework to catch up on. A test in english; a lab in science; reading for english and history.

I would look at my balcony window from time to time. Maybe Ace would come over? I just saw him and he was in a rush to do something. My worries are quick short when my door swings open.

"Ace?" It was not Ace.

"Are your waiting for someone special?" Kiara smirks and wiggles her eyebrows.

"No. I'm not."

"It's been to long since we hanged out."

"Sit." She jumps down on to my bed and reaches for the tv remote.

"What happened last night?"

"Ace won the fight."

"Serious!"

"Yes."

"How are your brothers taking that?"

"I don't know. We haven't talked. Where are they?"

"They weren't here when I arrived. Enzo's car isn't here."

"Strange." She switches to a popular movie on tv and remains silent. I would look up to the screen and make comments about the movie once and awhile.

Kiara and I talked like two normal girls. We talked as if nothing went down last night. I didn't bring up Jay; she didn't bring up Ace. But I knew she liked Jay; she just didn't want to admit it to herself.

I was a sucker for love. And I could spot it a mile away. Like my parents. They've been through so much, yet they were still madly in love with each other. My dad treats my mom like a queen; giving her gifts everyday. Showering her with endless amounts of love.

I wanted that. I wanted a love to drive me wild.

"Are you staying for dinner?"

"Yeah. Parents are coming over too."

"Cool." After hours of homework, the call for dinner was held. Father and uncle Ajax were already discussing business; mother and Aunt Blair yelling at them for talking business at the dinner table.

"Mom, why is there extra place settings?" The front door rings as a maid runs to open it. My uncle Xander and aunt Jacklyn come walking in with their kids behind them.

"Surprise!" Uncle Xander yells as we get up from our seats. Mom and her brother have a hug before Uncle Ajax and father have one too. Aunt Blair and mom hug Jacklyn right after.

           Their kids looked nothing like my Uncle Xander; they both had black hair and brown eyes. But the twin line continues, one boy and one girl. Jackson and Zoey.

"My cousins." Jackson says

"Jack. Good to see you." My brothers give cousin Jackson a hug before walking off.

"Girls! How I missed you!" Zoey was the third and final member of Kiara and I's group. Her family lives in New Orleans, so we don't get to see them often. Zoey has a personality that was much like Kiaras; instead of fashion, she was into art.

"How long are you here for?"

"A week. Business and all." Jackson was involved with the Mafia, but like Kiara and I, Zoey is not apart of it.

"Well we're happy you are here."

"You have to tell me everything!" We take our seats at the dinner table and continue our conversation. Everyone at the table having their own conversation on multiple topics.

"We'll talk later. Kiara is sleeping over." The dinner goes by smoothly, meaning no one got angry and flipped a table.

"Night everyone."

          Everyone heads off to their rooms. Kiara, Zoey and I go to my room. We swear Zoey to keep secret of Ace and the things that happened since the first day of school.

         Kiara talks about Jay. I talk about Ace.

         It was a nice catch up. She told us of her girlfriend of two years. We haven't met her yet, but we were dying too. Her name was Quinn and she was the sweetest person you will ever meet.

         After midnight, Kiara and Zoey pass out. I couldn't sleep though; to many thoughts going through my mind.

          Ace had secrets; secrets that could get you buried. I had secrets too; Ace was one of them. Secrets were made to be broken.

Sorry it's shorter then most

Sorry it's shorter then most. The next few chapters are going to be shorter. Sorry for that.

Enjoy!😍