Chapter 25

Once upon a time, there was an Angel. She was pure and was kind to all. Then the Devil came along and destroyed her. Now she is under his spell. She was now a demon in his kingdom. But she was growing in power; soon, she would be stoppable.

            I avoided Ace for a week. I always sat in the front of the classes I had with him. Never looking up or behind me. He stayed away and so did I. I hung out with Jay, Levi and Kiara during lunch; near the end, Jay and Levi would join Ace.

          It got better with dad. Instant of complete silence, I traded it for a few simple words. Examples of this would be hello and goodbye. He kind of rubbed it in my face too; he would have big conversations with my brothers while I was present. This was my punishment and I had to take it like a big girl.

          He wasn't the only one to change ways. I stopped dancing; I couldn't bare it. That kind of thing comes from passion and from a place of love. Two things I did not have. I switched from dancing to fighting. Both activities to help exercise.

            But that wasn't the only thing. I wore less 'happy' clothes. Less cute clothes. I changed to black and dark; leather jackets and jeans. Maybe it was a way to cope from the absence of Ace. And don't forget the new found cussing words.

           My trainer, or my fathers bodyguard, teaches me in the art of combat every morning and every afternoon after school. He was a badass in the ring, but a sweetheart to all. I was still learning; I was rusty after all.

"Block...block...left hook..." He fights me while giving me instructions. I try to go for the left hook, but he blocks it easy, then flips me on to my back.

"You have to pay attention. I'm not going to be there to tell you what to do."

"I know Sam." He holds his hand out for me and I take it.

"Again. Get your stance." My feet were equal distances apart and my hands curled into fists, in front of my face.

"Go." I block his punches, getting in a few myself. He fakes me out and goes for the punch to the face, but actually going for my stomach. The wind from my lungs releases and I fall back.

"Come on Lina." He continues to throw jambs, but I block every one. He motions for me to attack him. He blocks my moves; I try to fake hit his stomach, while going for the face. He sees both and blocks them, pushing me away.

"Sam, give me a chance."

"When you're out there...they won't care who you are. You have to fight. You have to push yourself to live." I nod then run at him. He continues to block my moves. But I manage to get a punch in to his gut. He hunches over; that's when I go in for the punches.

            All I see is red. I picture all that hurt me and take it out. I got Sam on the ground from the punches I gave him. I didn't notice that he tapped out until he calls out my name.

"Lina. Good, you're fighting." I get off of him and help him up.

"That isn't usual what someone says when a girl kicks their ass."

"I let you."

"Sure." Then there was clapping. I turn towards the entrance. My brothers watching with smiles on their faces.

"What do you guys want?" Sam had already left the ring and was probably back in his room; away from this sibling feud.

"Your fighting is getting good." Vince says

"Wow, that is amazing coming from you. I better pop a bottle of champagne." My smile was full of hatred.

"Maybe you should try out your fighting skills." Enzo mumbles

"Come on Lina...lets see what you got." Vince removes his shirt and steps up into the ring.

"I'm not fighting you Vince."

"Isn't this what you want? To see me in pain, like how you are in pain because of me." He was not wrong. I wanted Enzo and Vince to feel my pain. But I wasn't stupid either; Vince has had fighting practice since he was twelve years old. I started two weeks ago.

"Fine."

"I'll go easy." Once he saw my style, he wouldn't go easy anymore.

         We take our places on opposite sides of the ring. With both our feet in place and our hands guarding our faces; he runs at me. I quick step out of the way, but he comes back. I drop down and he trips over my curled body.

"That was childish Lina."

"You should learn when to keep your fucking mouth shut." I go in for a kick to the stomach, but he grabs my foot and pulls me down. He traps my arms by my head as I struggle.

"You need to talk about what your going through."

"So that's why you wanted to fight? To fucking talk?" I knew him in the place that doesn't shine. He rolls off of me and holds his crotch.

"Bad move Lina." Enzo calls out as he watches

"Piss off Enzo." I yell out while waiting for Vince to get up. And when he does, he was mad as fuck. He lunges at me, but I throw a quick jab at his stomach. He returns the favor with punching me on my stomach too.

         We both fall to the ground. He throws punches but I block them. He was going easy, but he was just beginning to realize that his strategy wasn't going to work. It was to late for hint though; I quickly punch him in the face then a hard punch to the stomach. He falls grunting in pain and rolling around.

"That was impressive Lina." Father stood at the entrance. It was an actually sentence.

"So now you're talking to me?" I snap

"I'm still your father. Don't use that fucking tone."

"You are my father. A father that doesn't give his daughter the silent treatment!" I jump down off the ring and face him.

"You had to be taught a lesson." He simply states.

"That's bullshit." No one and I mean no one talks like that to my father. Not even my own brothers. Yet, he didn't move an inch. Not one flicker of rage.

"You are self destructing Angelina. You need help." My brothers join father at his side; ganging up on me.

"I don't need help." I try to leave, but Vince stands in front of me.

"I can't watch my twin do this to herself." He says

"I'm not doing anything! I'm just embracing my families life. I thought, you of all people would be proud." I point to my father, who hangs his head low.

"I didn't want this for you. I want you to go off and live your life."

"You want me to dance? I can't! I can't anymore!" Tear drops started to drop down.

"You need help."

"I don't need help! I need my brother! My need my twin! But you had to rat me out to dad for your own selfish reasons. You never thought about me! I loved Ace and look what's happened now...I lost him and you two." I had broken down. I had actually fallen to my knees while crying out my insides. The truth was out; I only hope for the help of my family.

"I'm the way I am...because of you."

Lina is getting stronger

Lina is getting stronger...but her emotions are getting weaker

Enjoy🖤