Your Coming Out Stories: 5

This is from @BananaHood123

"I listened to a song called Everyone Is Gay by A Great Big World before coming out to my homophobic "Christian" parents. The line "If the world stopped spinning tomorrow, we can't keep running away from who we are." really got to me. I told my parents I was bisexual (i actually realized i was Pansexual a few months later, but i haven't told them yet!). this is what they said"Not you're not" "It's just a phase" "You're too young" "It's not what the bible says"

I said, "Never mind, just forget it"

My mom responded with, "Why? So you can sit in your room and cut yourself? If you want to act like an adult, you're going to be treated like one"I had just turned 13 and i wanted to run away. Like seriously run away. I ended up spending the week at my grandmas house. but my mom only let me go if i forgave her. So, i had to pretend to forgive her. It's been a few months since i came out, and i think about that every day.

But there is one thing i wish i told them.

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, and whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

For God so loved the WORLD. Not "God loved this person who was straight and hated this person who was part of the LGBTQA+ community" WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM. Not someone whos gay, pansexual, bisexual, transgender, straight, lesbian. It says WHOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

In the end, I am who I am. I'm proud. And I make no apologies for being myself.

That's my story!! If it isn't too much trouble, could you also give me a shoutout on twitter? My user is @ALoveLikeWarATL"

First of all, I just wanna say that Everyone Is Gay absolutely slaps and I love it and highly recommend it.

Second of all, I don't have twitter sorry lol