Your Coming Out Stories: 20

This person would like to remain anonymous :)

"Hi I'm 16 and I turn 17 on November, a bisexual girl. I have a very religious family and my entire life I was raised that being gay was bad. I feel like I've always known that I was bisexual since 2nd grade (I'm now in 10th) but I always though it into the back of my thoughts and didn't accept it because it was "bad". When I was 14 in the summer I realized I was bi and I just busted out crying because I felt guilty of it and just wanted to be accepted but also because I hated myself for not accepting myself. I realized this because I liked lesbian porn more than straight porn... so oops. Don't watch porn kids. Lol. Also because I was talking with some of my gay friends about it. I came out to some friends and was accepted. Almost exactly a year later I told my mom a couple of months later and she accepted me and told my dad a year later and he didn't except me. He made me cry and entire summer but he's starting to get better about the idea. I think it was just hard for him because of his religious beliefs. He still loves me though. A couple of months ago I kissed a girl for the first time and it felt so right. I'm now 100% sure that I'm bi and I want to come out to the public but I don't know how and my parents "forbid" it because it can ruin their reputation or something. But it's my life so what do I do? Should I wait till I'm done with high school? I mean I only have a year and a half left. Anyways, I encourage you to accept yourself and not feel guilty for who you are. Also to come out because it might not be as bad as you would think? But it can be hard and that's understandable and make sure you're safe with the people before."

If you think it would be easier to wait until you're done with high school, then go for it. But if it's important to you that everyone knows who you really are, go for it unless you think it'll ruin your relationship with your parents.

If anyone would like to add anything, or share a similar experience, feel free to comment!