Chapter 9

Turning the sticky note over in my hand I saw that a shiny new key had been taped to the back. Pulling it off I used it to open my brand new door.

Just as I was about to go inside the hair stood up on the back on my neck. I saw a large shadow spread over my door, and a shadow that large usually came with someone that was now becoming a royal pain in my ass.

Spinning around ready to give him the piece of my mind that was left over from the diner I was stopped in my tracks by someone that most certainly was not Roman.

Coming face to face with the blocker of my garden path, I looked up at him with confusion etched on my face "Erm Hello?" I said. This got a smile from him, and my god was he hot. But not in a handsome way, more in a boy next door kind of way. He had blonde hair and piercing blue eyes, with a little stubble sprinkled across his impressive jaw line. He was wearing a white cotton shirt and a dark pair of ripped jeans paired with a pair of scuffed trainers. The boyish grin was still plastered on his face, I couldn't help but compare him to the previously mentioned pain in the ass.

Roman was a bit bigger than this man, a lot more muscly but they shared the same deadliness behind their eyes, even though this guys looked a lot friendlier than Romans ever had. "Hi there missy, my names Chaz." he said offering me another smile. "Well Chaz, do you want to explain to me why you're standing in my garden?" I realised I sounded rude and very un-Emma like, but to be fair I'd had enough of men for one year.

"Well I saw you stomping your way down the street like a toddler having a tantrum and well what kind of man would I be if I didn't check on you" he said with mock concern on his face. This got a smile out of me "Well thank you for your concern Chaz but I'm fine, I just want to get in my house and put these bags down" I said impatiently, because my arms really were staring to ache.

"That's fine, but just before you go" he said reaching over and plucking the sticky note out of my hand and glancing over it. Flipping it over he produced a pen from his back pocket and scribbled something on the back then slid it into one of my many bags. "Goodbye Miss, I really hope you use that" he winked at me and took off down my path.

Finally in my kitchen I laid all my bags down on the kitchen counter, my arms sighed in relief as the blood started to return to them. Saying hello to Pepper I tried to keep my mind from wandering to the sticky note in my bag. I really should just dig it out and throw it in the bin because I really did not need the drama, but for some reason that's not what I did.

Digging it out of the bag Chaz had throw it in to I turned it over from Romans note, one the back scribbled in very messy handwriting was a phone number with his name above it. Rolling my eyes I threw it on the table and took my bags up to my bedroom.

Finding places for my newly bought things was a lot more difficult than I thought, you never really realise how much stuff you own until you're trying to add more stuff. Sitting down on my bed I was ready for things to get back to normal, grabbing my washing basket with my blood stained dressing gown and work clothes inside I dragged it downstairs to my kitchen to start my laundry. 

Adding the clothes in to the machine I was just about to start adding the fabric softener and powder when there was an almighty bang from my front door "Oh god not again" I winced. Scrambling over to the front door in an effort to stop it ending up like my last one, I pulled it open to a very very angry Roman.

"Roman what the hell are you doing?!" I spat. "Who has been here Emma!" he fumed. He was actually starting to frighten me, I stepped back as if I could distance myself from the fury radiating off his body.

Roman seemed to see that as an invitation and barged past me in to the kitchen. "Woah woah woah! You can't just waltz in here like you own the place!" I said, but he completely ignored me which only preceded to annoy me further. Roman was now looking around my lower floor, as he was searching for something that I wasn't aware of yet.