Chapter 10

Recovering quickly from my shock I ran to my front door locking it quickly I also activated the dead bolt and chain, thanking Roman for making sure the door he got had extra security measures because apparently I now had to use them to protect me from him.

Catching my breath I sat on the floor with my back against the door Roman had just exited out of. I can't believe what I'd just saw, those teeth were not human no where close. What was he? Because he certainly wasn't human.

Stopping my train of thought because I was being stupid, there had to be a reasonable explanation for what I'd just witnessed. There were no such things as monsters, anyone over the age of 13 could tell you that. Monsters were only real in books and movies and that was that. 

After a while I'd pulled myself together brought to get off the floor, my washing basket reminded me I hadn't actually started my washing. Walking over I started the machine and heard the water start to pour in. While it did its work I decided to make myself a cup of coffee and feed Pepper his lunch.

Once I'd done that I pulled my phone out that was still open to my contacts screen where Roman had saved his number, for a second I was really tempted to delete it, as if getting rid of his number would make things go back to normal, but I knew that wasn't true.

Instead I kept it, because I had a feeling that after I manage to wrap my brain around whatever happened earlier I'd have a lot of questions for him.

I decided to send a text to Terri instead as I was in need of cheering up

Emma: "Hey Terr, thanks for ditching me earlier I really appreciated the support!"

I hit send on the text.

I wasn't too annoyed at Terri because in reality I hadn't told her anything that had happened between Roman and I so she wouldn't of known to stay. She was probably thinking she was doing me a favour leaving me alone with an extremely hot guy.

But at the same time Terri and I had been known for our outstanding wordless communicational skills, as best friends we knew what each other meant just by a look and I knew for a fact I was giving her the "don't leave me alone with this crazy person" look and she had completely ignored it.

Slipping my phone in to the pocket of my jeans I occupied myself with cleaning, a lot of people see cleaning as a chore but it has been known to really calm me. When things are in their rightful place it makes me feel like I have my life together even if that's not actually true.

When I'd finished I sat down on my chair and pulled out my phone and saw that I had gotten a response from Terri

Terri: "Hey, so sorry to have ran like that but please remind me again why you wouldn't of wanted to be left with alone with that gorgeous specimen of man ;) ?"

Shaking my head I didn't bother to text her back. Terri didn't get it, and I couldn't explain it to her as I couldn't even explain it to myself. I decided it was time to change that.

Pulling up my web browser I started typing in random things that my brain had pulled out of the scenarios over the last couple of days. But all I'd successfully done was make a mess of my search history, and an even bigger mess of my head.

I was getting no where with this and I knew deep down that there was only one person that would be able to answer the questions that I had burning a hole in my head, even if I didn't want to admit it.

Pulling up his number I left my thumb hovering over the call button whilst I weighed the pros and cons of what my actions would bring. Deciding that I'd dealt with enough drama for one day it could wait until tomorrow, so I got up and made my way upstairs as it was getting pretty late.