Chapter 46

The rest of the week went by almost painfully slow. Each day was the same. Wake up, eat, train, eat, bath and then collapse into bed and sleep like a log. You'd think after realising that I had been gifted in the speed department Leon wouldn't be so hard on me - you'd be wrong.

I found myself looking forward to the weekend more and more each day. Roman had already promised after a ton of convincing that I could have the weekends free of training, to catch up on some the "me" time, that I was desperately craving.

I had yet to tell him about my plans with Chaz on Saturday, it wasn't that I was putting it off. It was just the fact that the timing had never been right. I rarely got to see him with all the training taking up most of my time, and the duties of being an Alpha taking up his. The precious moments I did get with him whilst we were either eating or getting ready for bed, I didn't really want to bring up Chaz...ok maybe I was putting it off just a little.

I knew Roman wasn't going to be happy about it, from the way that he had reacted the first time I had told him that Chaz had text me. So god only knows how he was going to react, when I told him I was going to meet him in town for a coffee.

When Friday had finally rolled around, I knew it was my last chance to bring up the subject with Roman. So once Leon had released me from my torturous training routine, I made my way to the main house like I did every day, knowing that Roman would be in his office.

Climbing the large staircase which took a bit longer than normal due to my numb legs, I stood on the landing for a while trying to formulate a plan of action. How was I going to do this? Should I just mention it causally like it was no big deal, because it really wasn't. But before I had a chance to come up with more options, the large wooden double doors swung open at the bottom of the hallway drawing my attention.

Clearly Roman had sensed me coming, and had come out to see what was taking me so long. Putting one foot slowly in front of the other, I continued down the hall. I was soon stood face to face with Roman, well it was actually more like face to chest.

"Hey there" Roman smiled pulling me into to his body. I'd noticed that every time I'd been apart from him for any length of time he would often do this, just hold me against him. When I questioned him about it he told me that his wolf needed me close after a long day without me.

To be honest I found it so cute that now that when he did it all I could do was smile against his warm chest, as it rose and fell with his slow breathes.

After Roman finally loosened his grip on my body I stood back from him, still nervous about approaching him about my weekend plans. Roman didn't seem to sense my anxiousness, either that or he was waiting for me to voice my concerns.

"Ready for your training break over the next 2 days?" Roman asked before taking my hand in his and leading me into his office.  I was pulled over to sit down on the sofa him knowing by now how much my legs ached after my training.

Even though Roman had spent all his time in here working whilst I had been training, the mountain of paper work on his desk never seemed to lessen. I had half a mind to just shove it all in the bin, the clean freak in me hated to see things so unorganised.

When Roman turned to look at me I realised that he was waiting on an answer to the question that he had just asked me. Now would be the perfect time to mention the plans I had made for my 2 training free days, well at least one of those days anyway.

"This is a baaad idea" my wolf warned unhelpfully inside my head but I ignored her.

"Actually now that you mention it...I was asked to go for a coffee on Saturday, and I agreed to go" I said trying to keep my voice as even and casual as possible.