Chapter 32

Once the front door of Roman's house came into view I tightened my grip on his hand like a vice, a wave of anxiety came crashing over me as we got closer. I knew I had no reason to be nervous though, Terri is my best friend. She was someone that I knew very very well, and I knew she cared about me deeply.

But even knowing all of this I couldn't help but feel uneasy, how was I going to explain to her where I had been, why I had just dropped off the face of the earth for the last 3 weeks without so much as a call or text.

Fear began creeping up my spine knowing she would also have some explaining to do of her own, namely about my parents. Tears began to well up in my eyes at the mere thought of them, but I pushed them down along with the sickness that was rising in my stomach with every step I took.

I needed to know everything she had to say, and there was no time like the present. Dragging a deep breath into my lungs I felt my wolf stir inside me, a gentle reminder that we could do this that I wasn't alone, with that I stepped into the house with Roman close behind me.

Walking into the foyer, I immediately came across a scene that would of made me laugh out loud on any other day. Terri was right up in Chucks face demanding to see me, whilst Chuck was trying in vain to extinguish the fire that was my best friend. Yeah good luck with that Chuck, I'd been trying to figure out how to do that for years.

Terri hadn't heard Roman and I enter the room yet, but we could definitely hear her the whole compound probably could because the way she was screaming, it was very similar to a banshees wail.

"You need to tell me right this second where Emma has gone, and don't even bother telling me again that you don't know because I don't believe you!" she was shouting at him, raised up onto her top toes trying to get eye level with Chuck.

"What I need from you Mr is to go get Emma and tell her I'm taking her home right this second, and there is nothing you, or anyone else can do to stop me" she fumed as Chuck tried to step back from her onslaught of chest pokes , but he was sadly unsuccessful as she just quickly closed the gap every time he tried.

A low menacing growl tumbled out behind me, at the mention of me leaving. This caught Terri's attention as she whipped round to face us, her green eyes still seething.

I couldn't help the small smile that crossed my face seeing Chuck physically relax now that he was no longer under the furious gaze of Terri. Taking full advantage of Terri distraction he quickly scurried away, shooting Roman and I a wide eyed "this bitch is crazy" look as he went.

"Sorry for bolting Terri, it was very childish of me to act the way I did. I should of stayed and heard you out" I said looking down at my feet, shame washed over me I was unable to meet her eyes.

"No Em, I don't blame you. I dropped a bomb shell. I didn't mean for it to come out like that. I just...I just couldn't keep it in any longer" she admitted sounding tired.

Lifting my eyes to meet hers, I saw that I was right. All the fight had drained out of Terri now she looked so small and fragile, a far cry from the hell raiser of a best friend I was used to.

Walking over to where Terri was stood, I motioned for her to sit on one of the leather sofas dropping down to join her as she sat. Roman took a seat next to me earning himself an evil glare from Terri, but he either didn't notice or didn't care because he stayed where he was.

"Do you really need to be here?" She questioned him rudely. "Emma and I have a lot to talk over, I'm willing to do it here rather than at home, but do you really need to be listening in" she spat her firey nature shining back through.

"This is my home, Emma is my mat...she is very special to me, I will be here for her" he said not looking at Terri as he spoke, instead he reached over and grasped my hand tightly in his causing tiny sparks to dance over my skin.