Chapter 19

As soon as the door opened the room I was in was flooded with light. Even though I was happy not to be in the dark anymore the sudden burst of light assaulted my eye.

I tried to blink rapidly to get them to adjust quicker but it was no use, tears were streaming down my face and it felt like tiny needles were being pushed in to my corneas.

I couldn't see a single thing but that didn't stop whoever opened the door. I heard heavy footfalls heading towards me and all I could do was jam my back in to the wall and make myself as small as possible.

I pushed my arms out in front of myself swinging wildly. If this person wanted me there was no way I was going to make it easy on him.

A scream tore out of my throat as a arm reached around and grabbed me by the back of my head, pulling my hair almost out of my scalp. I was lifted off my feet by my hair to come face to face with a man that I had never seen before.

He was massive, easily hitting the higher end of the 6ft scale. His most distinctive feature though was a wicked raised scar running from his eyebrow down to his jaw line.

His forest green eyes were mesmerising, and I could tell that even with the scar he was an attractive man in a lethal kind of way.

His face was like a mask, either this guy really didn't give a shit or he had the words most impressive poker face.

He yanked on my hair again and in pure reflex I kicked my leg out which landed squarely on his knee. My heart sunk as this guy didn't even flinch.

I knew I wasn't a particularly strong woman but I'd like to think that kicking someone full force in the knee cap would at least give me some wiggle room from the death grip he had on my hair, but he didn't even wince.

Suddenly I was airborne and flying across the room, landing on the stone floor with a thud. All the oxygen I had in my lungs was forced out, leaving me gasping for air. I was winded and I was pretty sure I'd at the very least broken one rib.

Black spots began dancing in front of my eyes and my vision started to get wavy. I fought hard against the void that my body desperately wanted to fall in to. Unlike the last time I couldn't pass out, I knew that if I did, I wouldn't be waking up again.

Trying to focus through my hazy head I noticed that he had thrown me closer to the door. My jailer was still stood in the corner of the room where he had launched me from.

I knew it was a long shot but I refused to lay here and die, and well...god loves a trier.

I some how managed to get my arms and brain to work together as I dragged my battered body towards the door, my nails raked at the stone floor trying to pull myself towards the exit.

I didn't know what I'd do once I got out of the room, but as it turned out I didn't have to think that far ahead, because a heavy boot stomped down on my back, crushing me in to the floor like a bug.

An agonising scream ripped through my entire body and bounced back at me from every wall. All the fight I had left was squeezed out by his foot leaving me feeling deflated and defeated.

As I lay there my cheek resting against the cold floor I knew I was going to die today. There was no way I was getting out of here alive, I might as well give up.

As soon as I had accepted my fate a strange calm washed over me, I was shocked to find that I wasn't scared, I wasn't nervous and I wasn't sad. I was just numb waiting for the final blow.

As I lay there motionless waiting for the end, a pair of golden eyes flashed to the front of my mind, accompanied by a smile that warmed my body from head to toe.

I couldn't believe that out of all of the people that had meant something to me in my life, Roman was who my brain retreated to I found comfort in his face remembering every look and every smile he sent my way.

Just as my eyes were closing I was filled up with the warmth that the thoughts of Roman had given me. I heard another sound bouncing it way around the room, strange though I didn't remember screaming again, but maybe my lungs were reacting without me.

It sounded so very familiar though, maybe it was just my dying brain playing tricks on me, trying to get me to fight for my life. Well I hated to break it to you brain but we're done.

That's when I heard it again, but this time it seemed closer. The sound was now close enough to snap me out of my blissful bubble, and to make my fading broken body pay attention.

It sounded one more time, and that's when all the fragmented jigsaw pieces in my mind snapped in to place. I knew that sound, that sound was Roman and Roman was pissed.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

I really enjoyed writing this chapter so I really hope you enjoy it too!

Please remember to vote, just pressing that little star down at the bottom of the page makes me very happy

Comment and follow so you don't miss the daily updates!

Messages are always welcome, or if you have any questions just let me know.

I'll see you tomorrow with another chapter

-S.Snow