Chapter 44

"No, Nope, Not happening. Nuh uh!" I exclaimed for what had to be the millionth time that morning, trying extremely hard but apparently in vain to get my displeasure across.

"Emma, you are being unreasonable" Roman said sounding more than a little annoyed with my stubbornness.

"I said no Roman. Leon is not training me, I refuse. That man is not friendly, I don't even think he likes me!" I whined looking over at Roman who was sat in the chair by our bedroom window.

Roman of course had to shoo Pepper off said chair before sitting down, leaving one very unhappy Tabby who was now cleaning himself proudly sprawled on the bed.

"Of course he likes you Emma, you're his Luna. He is also the very best at what he does. There is no one else I would trust your training to in this world" Roman admitted trying to change my mind.

"Why can't you do it?" I realised I sounded like a pouty 5 year old that just wanted her own way but I didn't care.

"I can't....Your training it is going to be very intense. You are probably going to get knocked down a few times, you're probably going to get hurt. I couldn't do that to you, even if I knew it would eventually be in your best interests. I just couldn't, my wolf wouldn't allow me to touch you in that way. I won't even be able to be anywhere near the training ground whilst Leon is training you, because I'm liable to rip his head off his shoulders for touching you, even if he is my best friend and Beta" he growled his golden eyes flashing to black at the mention of Leon touching me.

"Well you don't have to worry, because Leon won't be touching me because he's not training me" I said firmly folding my arms across my chest.

When Roman didn't retort I had stupidly thought for a second that I had won. Turned out I hadn't, he was just trying desperately to calm his wolf before he spoke again. But for that split second I almost had him...not.

"Emma, why would you not want the best chance at this? Even if Leon didn't like you, which he does. Why wouldn't you deal with that knowing he is the best?" he questioned plainly making my argument about Leon not being nice to me feel a little insignificant in the long run.

"But he's a big meany and he doesn't even know how to smile!" I sounded ridiculous even to myself now.

The truth was it wasn't Leon doing the training that I had a problem with. I was scared, terrified even and I was trying to mask it no matter how poorly. The confidence in me of last night was quickly fading and self doubt had began to creep in.

Roman had come into the bedroom this morning as I was getting ready for the day and presented me with a huge box, which had me extremely giddy once he revealed that it was in fact a present for me. I had begun unwrapping it immediately excited to see what was inside.

Once I had finally opened the box I was taken aback by the clothing inside. Roman had purchased brand new work out gear for me, and it was beautiful.

The box contained black skin tight leggings with a mesh panel running up the side of the outer leg, the waist band was what really caught my eye though. It was a dark purple colour with violet and pink swirls, I just loved it. The matching top came along with it as well of some running shoes.

I had ran off into the bathroom eagerly to change into the most beautiful work out gear I had ever laid eyes on. Once I had changed and rejoined him in the bedroom, Roman informed me that Leon would be waiting for me outside after breakfast. When I quizzed him about why Leon would be waiting for me he had dropped the bombshell.

Roman stood up from the chair looking more than just a little frustrated, which was probably because he had been speaking to me whilst I had been lost in my memories of this morning.