Chapter 15

It wasn't long before we pulled up to two very tall wrought iron gates. I've lived in this town my entire life and I had spent a fair share of that life in these woods and I had never once come across this area of it before.

I watched in amazement as the two gates opened and we drove through the compound. It was like it's very own little town. They had clothing shops, grocery stores, salons, coffee shops and even a park that I could see several children playing in.

I looked at Roman, in hopes he could explain where on earth this town had just appeared from, but all I got from him was a very smug look. He was clearly extremely proud of everything here, and to be honest I didn't blame him, it was amazing.

"So all of this? These people, are all members of your pack? They're all shifters?"I asked. I was simply astonished by it all. "Yes, all these people are all members of the Dark Crimsons pack - our pack" he said, gripping my hand tighter. The pride was practically spilling out of him as we watched from the SUV.

At the very end of the compound stood a house on top of a very large hill, well let's be honest calling it a house was an insult. It was the mother of all houses. The exterior was painted white with a black tiled roof. Actually, it was closer to a mansion than it was a house. The SUV stopped when it reached another set of iron gates. This time Leon had to roll down his window and place his thumb on some sort of security panel that was stood outside the gates. After a click sounded, the gates started to open and we drove up the long road leading up to the house.

The closer I got the more amazing it looked, I could see balcony's strewn across the upper floors and big thick curtains covering their doors. It looks like something straight out of a fairy tale, and I couldn't believe I was about to go inside.

Roman jumped out of the SUV as soon as it rolled to a stop. He held the door open for me as I climbed out. Walking up the steps to the front door Roman placed his thumb on a pad similar to the one outside the main gates and the front door clicked open. Roman pushed the door open for me, and let me step inside first "Welcome home Emma" he beamed.

I ignored his words and stepped in to the most amazing foyer I had ever seen. Everything was coated in white marble, even the floor. Stepping in to the middle of the room I did a small circle taking everything in. It all looked so fancy and well cared for. I could see that Roman was enjoying my awe as he stood by the front door watching me.

"Emma, there are plenty more rooms for you to explore, if we don't get a move on now it'll be passed dark" he said mocking me. Even though he was clearly making fun of me, I enjoyed it. This side of Roman was so new to me, I was used to the intense, angry wolf that usually came blowing in to my house at all hours, making demands. I didn't know if Roman had just decided to take a different approach with me; or if this was just how he acted when home on the compound, either way, I liked it.

I set off after Roman as he continued to give me a tour of the house, each room was more beautiful than the last and I came to realise very quickly that if it wasn't for Romans guidance I would of already gotten lost. It was massive. There was no way only he lived here.

"Roman how many people live here?" I asked. He had just finished showing me that games room that had several TVs mounted on the walls with what seemed like every console and game ever made, and we had made our way to the upstairs sitting area. "It's just me" he spoke very low and I could of swore I'd seen a flash on pain cross his face. "But this house, it's huge! There's so many bedrooms and the dining room is big enough to fit an army inside. All of this can't just be for one person" I knew I was being persistent but I couldn't let it go.

Roman took a deep breath and shoved him fingers through his hair. He lead me over to a plush red sofa scattered with pillows and motioned for me to sit down so I did, he took the seat next to me. I could tell he was about to tell me something that was hard for him, I could just feel it. So I reached out and grabbed his hand in an attempt to comfort him. He looked almost shocked when he felt my hand on his, but then his expression quickly changed to calm and a warm smile spread across his face. I was glad I seemed to have the same effect on him as he did me.

"This was my fathers house" he stated. "My father was the Alpha before me. His name was Hector and he was a great man, he formed the dark crimson pack. It was a lot smaller back then than it is now. My father built this house as a pack house, for everyone to live in. He was big on unity and togetherness and was loved by all." the sadness returned to his face and I could feel it coming off of him in waves.

I regretted asking the question, I didn't know that it would upset Roman. "It's ok Roman, you don't have to tell me anymore" I said giving his hand a squeeze.

"No, it's alright. It's just been a while since I've spoken about him. I want you to know me Emma, I want you to know everything. Never be afraid to ask questions, I will always do my best to answer them. My life is yours now and you deserve to know everything about it" he said placing a kiss on top of my hand that sent a burst of heart through out my body.

"When my Mum and Dad had me I already had an older brother, Kane was his name" I could tell that this was a touchy subject, just by the way Roman spat his brothers name out of his mouth like just having it there was disgusting. "I loved Kane, as a child I would follow him around everywhere, he taught me to hunt, to run and everything else to do with my shifter side. I looked up to him because I knew that one day he would be our Alpha, and I wanted nothing more in life than to be good enough to be his right hand. Kane and my father never saw eye to eye, my mother would always have to intervene when they came head to head about the pack and how it should be run. Kane believed that us all living together was weak, that caring about people was weak and it was sending the message to other packs that we were an easy target. That by attacking this house, our pack would be wiped out. Kane grew to resent my father and my mother for always taking his side. So one night whilst everyone slept he killed my Father and Mother in their beds. The next morning he named himself Alpha and kicked everyone out of our home."

I'm not sure at what point in Romans story I had started crying but by this point my eyes were red, my nose was running and my cheeks were streaked in tears. The hurt that was radiating off of Roman broke my heart. I couldn't stand it any longer. I threw myself in to his chest and I sobbed. I cried for his Mother, his Father and I cried for Roman.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

Hope you all enjoyed another chapter and I hope I haven't left you all sad and upset! - Forgive me.

Please remember to vote, comment & follow.

And as always feel free to send me a message and say hello or if you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks for reading.

-S.Snow