Chapter 34

Roman was up and out of his seat before I had  even finished my sentence. I knew he wasn't going to take me telling him I had to go home well, but boy was that the understatement of the century.

"NO!" the words left his mouth sounding more animalistic than I had ever heard him before.

Roman was now towering over me making me feel so small in comparison, I instantly felt the control of the situation slip away from me.

"Roman, I wasn't asking" I narrowed my eyes at him. "So much has happened, and I can't just stay here pretending that the outside world doesn't exist!" I tried to put as much confidence into my voice as I could muster.

"Not a hope in hell are you leaving right now Emma!" he roared slamming his fist down on his desk, causing the entire thing to tremble.

The deafening sound of Romans fist hitting the wood caused me to leap about a foot into the air. White hot anger was rolling from Roman in waves making me flinch, and that is when I remembered exactly what the man in front of me was capable of.

His eyes were now pitch black completely void of the gold I was used to. I could see his entire frame start to shake and I knew that if I didn't do something soon, I'd be coming face to face with his wolf.

Closing the distance between us I hesitantly laid my shaking hands on his chest, hoping it would calm him. After a while my fingers started acting of their own accord, tracing small circles over his heaving chest and eventually his body stopped vibrating.

I felt him take in a deep breath under my hands, he blinked his eyes several time until they were back to his normal golden hue.

Romans hands reached up to drag his fingers through his hair in frustration, I could tell that he was already starting to feel guilty for shouting at me and to tell the truth I was glad that he was.

It would be a cold day in hell before I let any man shout at me like that, and be happy about it. Even if he was an alpha, that didn't excuse his behaviour.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you it's just...I feel like I've just gotten you back, after weeks of utter hell. I can't let you go, the last time I let you out of my sight you were taken from me, you nearly died. I will not stand by while you go off on your own unprotected again. I couldn't survive it again Emma it would break me." I could see the fear and sadness creep into him as he spoke.

I could tell that the past 3 weeks had been very hard on him, thinking he was to blame for what happened to me. Even though I had made him promise that he would stop blaming himself, he clearly hadn't.

"Roman, I'm fully aware what happened to me. I'm not going to say that the thought of being out there again doesn't terrify me, because it does I won't lie to you. But I won't live the rest of my life in fear. I need to find out what happened to my parents. Terri said that their house burned down, that they were killed in their beds. But it just doesn't make sense! She doesn't think so either, so I need to find out what actually happened. I owe it to them, please understand that they were my only family..." I was fully aware that my voice had now taken on somewhat of a pleading tone, a far cry from my prior determined one.

I knew that if Roman really wanted to he could easily throw me over his shoulder, and keep me locked away in the tallest tower forever.

The facts were he was stronger and faster than me. I needed to get him on side, if I ever wanted to find out what actually happened to my Mum and Dad.

Something I said must of resonating within him, because I witnessed his entire body deflate as if he was already resigned to losing this argument. I had to grit my teeth hard to stop the triumphant smile, that threatened to break out across my face.

Caught. जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें