Chapter 17

Walking alone on a compound full of wolves wasn't exactly where I saw myself when I woke up this morning, but here I was.

I was completely out of breath from running away from Roman and Leon and I needed somewhere quiet to compose myself before trying to formulate a plan to get the rest of the way home. I couldn't exactly walk back up to Romans house and ask for a lift or I'd be no doubt hog tied and thrown back in to that bedroom "for my own safety."

I spotted a coffee shop a little further down the road and decided I could go in to there and grab a drink. The smell of coffee was the same where ever you went, and I was sure it would feel like home.  It would surely calm me down enough to at least think more clearly.

Stepping through the door of the coffee shop a little ring sounded, I looked up to see a single golden bell dangling above my head. So much for just sneaking in unnoticed I thought.

Walking in to the store I ignored the eyes that had started to follow me, and I made my way to an empty table in the back of the shop. I pulled out my phone and noticed that I had a text message from Chaz."Hey Princess, sorry if I over stepped by coming over. I just wanted to check if you were ok. Text me later and maybe we can meet on neutral ground" after reading Chaz's text and idea popped in to my head.

Texting him back I wrote "Hey Chaz, sorry if I made things awkward I was just surprised. Don't suppose I can take you up on your offer now? I'm sort of stranded". I was hoping he'd text back quickly. I really didn't want to stay here any longer. I could still feel eyes on me, and I was getting very uncomfortable.

I couldn't believe that Roman would just expect me to pick up my life and move in with him. I wasn't going to lie to myself, I did have strong feelings for Roman. More than I should after only a couple of days. But he had to remember that I was human, I wasn't brought up like him. I was only just learning about Mates and how things worked, where as it was Romans nature.

My phone buzzed on the table sending more glances my way. Picking it up I tried to keep my head low in an attempt to not catch anyone eye. Relief washed over me like a tidal wave when I read Chaz's reply "Send me your location" was all that it said.

Jumping up from my seat I decided waiting outside the compound would be best, hastily making my way through the store to get away from the prying eyes and whispers I exited out onto the main street. Passing a couple of people I continued to keep my head low trying to appear as unwelcoming as possible. I didn't want anyone to stop me.

When I made it to the double gates that marked the entrance of the compound I couldn't see any button like Romans house had to let me out. As I got closer to the gates they automatically opened. I heard a whistle and I span around thinking maybe Roman had come to get me after all, as my heart leaped in my chest.

Instead I saw a very familiar form leaning against a lamp post with some sort of device in one hand and a walking stick in the other. I didn't have time to question why Mr Crane was on the compound or why he was helping me escape. I just had to get out of there.

Running out of the gate I didn't look back, I just kept pumping my legs until I couldn't even see the gates in the distance. Leaning against a tree I tried to catching my breath. Maybe I wasn't in as good of shape as I had previously thought.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent Chaz my location. I had to go all Lion King on my phone to get a signal, but after a couple of minutes it sent.

I looked around at my surroundings and it instantly calmed me. I loved the woods, they always made me feel safe and some how more alive. They were always so peaceful and beautiful and some where I could really get back in touch with myself.

After 30 minutes had passed of me walking around in a circle I was starting to get concerned. Our town wasn't that big so it shouldn't of taken Chaz this long to find me. Then again I didn't really know if Chaz lived in town.

I decided it would be best just to give him a call to see where about he was. I didn't want to seem rude or impatient seeing as he was doing me a huge favour, but I just wanted to get home. Digging out my phone I hit call on his number and listened to the rings that sounded a lot louder than usual due to the silence of the woods. I felt my stomach drop as it went to voicemail.

I tried to reason with myself that he was probably just driving and wouldn't answer the phone whilst doing so. But it was starting to get really dark and I was starting to get cold. I wrapped my arms around myself trying to hold in the remaining heat I had left inside my body. I wasn't dressed for spending the night in the woods, to be fair I didn't anticipate it when leaving the house with Roman this morning.

My mind drifted to Roman and everything that had happened today. I was starting to think I had over reacted by running away from him. I wasn't a runner, I was more a stay and fight kind of girl but I knew with Roman it would be pointless. You can't reason with someone who doesn't want to be reasoned with.

Romans golden eyes were the last things to flash through my mind before a blinding pain exploded in my head, and my world went black.

❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆

God I love a cliffhanger don't you ?

Please remember to vote, comment & follow it takes one second to make my day!

Don't forget constructive criticism is always welcome just send me a message.

Thank you for reading & I'll see you on the next chapter : )

-S.Snow