Chapter 25

Reaching the landing I looked to the door next to mine expecting to hear Roman getting ready inside, but there wasn't a single noise coming from the room.

After being stood there for a while sliding my feet through the carpet enjoying the plush texture under my feet, it became apparent that Roman had already left.

I decided to go find him instead of waiting for him to come to me, so I took off down the hall way lined with identical wooden doors. I didn't look in to any of those rooms even though I wanted desperately to snoop, I was more interested in finding Roman and getting my questions answered.

When I came to the stair case that I had ran down the first time I visited in order to escape from Roman I stood at the top staring down. My mind getting lost in the thoughts of what ifs and what my life would be like if I hadn't of ran from him that day.

If I'd of just stayed and heard him out like an adult instead of bolting like a rabbit the events of the previous weeks could of been so much different. Shaking the thoughts out of my head before I got too carried away in a reality that was no longer my own, I made my way down the stairs into the foyer.

Sounds of laugher and conversation filled my ears, my feet automatically following. I stepped into the dinning room with a huge wooden table running up the middle with bench like seats on either side, which were now currently filled with numerous large muscled, shirtless men.

God lord had I fallen asleep in the shower? Or was I still in fact dead and this was actual heaven. I stood at the door like a dear caught  in headlights with my mouth hanging open. I watched as the men ate their meals whilst laughing and joking with each other.

A wide smile spread across my face at the sight. They were all obviously all very good friends judging by the way they were acting around each other. They all seemed relaxed and comfortable, the sight filling me with warmth even though I was never much of a people person I suddenly really wanted to be a part of this.

Stepping forward into the room all the noise suddenly stopped and all the eyes at the table turned to me.

I froze.

Everyone was looking at me and I started to feel as if I've invaded their personal space, a wave of anxiety washed over me, my heart hammering in my chest and a knot forming in my stomach.

In unison everyone rose to their feet and dropped their heads. Oh my god they're not going to leave because of me are they?

"Emma, they're showing you respect you idiot" my wolf sounded in my head, and her mocking tone didn't go unnoticed.

"What do you mean respect? Why? How do I make them stop?" my own voice sounded panicked even in my own head.

"We're their Luna Emma, their alphas mate. They're recognising your pack status. Now stop being rude and walk into the room before their heads get stuck like that" she demanded.

Taking my wolfs advice I continued into the room hoping she wasn't playing some sort of trick on me, because if she was she would pay dearly and that was a promise.

Their heads instantly snapped up smiles now plastered on all of their faces, which I couldn't help but mirror as the warmth returned to my stomach as they all returned to their food and conversations.

My nose instinctively followed the scent of food in the air, leading me into the kitchen just off the dining room. My eyes widened at the extensive spread that was laid out in front of me. There were so many different selections of meats, veg and side dishes that had my mouth started watering at the sight alone.