Chapter 45

I was seething absolutely furious at Leon's blatant disrespecting towards me, pair that with his unwillingness to help me at all today, and I suddenly wanted nothing more than to leap over Roman and give him just what he deserved curtesy of my fists.

Wait...that didn't sound like me, did it?

This stark relations pulled my attention away from Leon and straight back into my own head, where I immediately noticed that my wolf had somehow gotten past me. Last time I had checked we were stood as equals in there, but at some point between the training grounds and right now in front of the pack house, she had silently slipped past me into the forefront.

Roman was now stood in front of me, his large palms facing out towards me clearly not trusting I would stay where I was, and to be honest I didn't blame him. I could see his lips moving, clearly trying his best to calm the raging storm inside me, but I couldn't hear a word he was saying. I was laser focused on the man behind him, even though Roman was bigger than Leon I could still see him every time Roman's body shifted slightly.

An earth splitting snarl suddenly burst from my throat as I caught Leon's eyes. I knew I had to try and wrestle control back from my wolf, but at the same time I was still annoyed with how Leon had just left me standing at the track without a word. My wolf might be acting a tad unreasonable right now, but she was right it was disrespectful of him and I would make sure he knew it.

Roman started approaching me very slowly, still talking which I only began to hear as he got closer to me my eyes now locking with his. Roman's essence quickly filled me with every step closer giving me the strength I didn't know I needed to fight in earnest against my wolf's overwhelming presence.

"Emma it's ok, I'm right here Mon Coeur listen to my voice." Roman kept repeating slowly whilst still advancing towards me.

So that's exactly what I did, I focused solely on his calming tone and began to push myself forward, towards Roman. After the day I had I wanted nothing more than to be in his arms, to feel his lips on mine to just be with him.

After what felt like a life time I felt my wolf reluctantly retreat into the back of my mind, as I took charge once more. The darkness lifted from my vision leaving me blinking serval times to adjust, and that was when I knew I had won - I was back in control.

I felt Roman's large body immediately encase my much smaller frame, his head coming to rest on top of mine. I took this opportunity to breath him in, his fresh clean scent calming me even further. I felt my eyes prick threatening tears, but I pushed them down.

I desperately wanted to cry into Roman's warm chest, I wanted to tell him how sorry I was for disappointing everyone. But I point blank refused to give Leon the satisfaction of seeing me break down. I refused to prove to him that I was as weak as I knew he already suspected after today. So I quickly step back out of Roman's arms my body screaming at the loss of comfort.

"Let's take this to my office." Roman said to us both and I could only nod numbly before following after the boys.

***

Once we had entered Roman's office Leon chose to stay standing next to Roman's desk. I couldn't tell if that was in case I decided to lunge at him, or if he just refused to ever be comfortable. I on the other hand wanted to sit down, my legs were beginning to feel the effects of today's activities and I didn't trust them to hold me up any longer.

I attempted to make a bee line for the large leather sofa, but before I got there I felt Roman's hand slip into mine as he took me along with him. Roman sat down in his office chair pulling me down onto his lap, which I wanted to refuse simply because of Leon being in the room. But if I was being honest with myself, I was craving his closeness.