Chapter 11

It didn't take longer before there was a resounding knock on my front door. "Surely that can't be Roman" I mutter "Roman doesn't knock, he barges his way straight in whilst breaking everything in sight." Reminding myself I was the one to text him, I walked to my door and pulled it open.

Standing on my door step was none other than the man himself. My breath caught in my throat as I looked at him, my stomach was erupting in butterflies. I'd never felt so strongly drawn to someone before in my entire life, and if I was being honest with myself it sort of scared me. I wasn't the type of girl to lose herself in a guy.

Throwing my arms around myself as my whole body shivered. I tried to convince myself that it was the wind that had made me shiver, even though I knew that wasn't true.

"Hello Emma, I think we need to talk" Roman said.

Nodding my head I step aside in a silent invitation. No other words were spoken until we reached my living room and Roman took up his place on the couch. I was glad he decided to sit down, he seemed more intimating when he stood to his full height and I wanted to be in charge tonight. Taking my place in my arm chair, glad that there was some distance between us I began.

"Can you just let me talk for a second? I feel like if you interrupt me then I'll lose my train of thought and then I won't get to ask everything I need to" Roman just nodded to my request sending a piece of jet black hair to fall across his face.

I took a deep breath in. He was being a lot more co-operative than he usually was and I didn't want to waste this rare opportunity.
Placing my hands flat on my knees I took a moment to compose what I wanted to say inside my head. Roman to his credit didn't utter a word, he just sat there his golden eyes searching my face.

"So, earlier when you left I know what I saw, so don't think of lying to me. I've tried to wrap my head around it and come up with an explanation, and the harder I try the less I come up with. So I'm going to need you to explain it to me" I gave myself a mental high five. That came out a lot calmer than I was feeling on the inside.

Roman took a minute I could see he was weighing up his words as I had done, trying to come up with an explanation that would not only answer my question but prevent further ones.

Letting out a sigh he pushed his fingers through his already messy hair, sending a gust of his scent straight to my nose. Breathing him in I was amazed to find that I instantly felt calmer, like there was something about the way he smelt that made all my insides turn to jelly but also washed the panic away.

I started wondering what it would be like to be surrounded by those arms; and held against his impressive chest. For once my mind did not jump to sexual contact but to that of love and tenderness.

Even thought Roman was clearly built for the art of war I didn't doubt that he was capable of acts of kindness. He'd even shown that to me so this morning, when he replaced my door. Given, it was him that broke it down, but he didn't need to do fix it.

Roman seemed to come to terms with whatever he was wrestling with in his head and looked ready to talk, bracing myself for the words I knew would change my reality forever, because it was one thing to suspect something, but it was another to have it confirmed by someone else.

"Emma, I am the alpha of the Dark Crimson pack, we are wolves and you are my mate." he stated flatly.

Even though I knew it was coming I couldn't help it when my stomach twisted in a knot and nervous laughter came spewing out of my mouth. I was trying to hold it together, I really was. But there was something so silly about the whole thing. Even though I didn't doubt what he said for a second even though I knew my brain wanted to deny it. It would of been easier, but you can't really deny something you've seen with your own eyes mere hours ago.