Chapter 51

The drive back to the compound went too quickly for me. One minute I was stood on the street outside The Brew getting my heart shattered into a million pieces,  and the next Drake and I were driving Romans 'pride and joy' back into the garage of the Main House.

I didn't want to be back yet, I wanted to sit in my own personal turmoil for a while longer. I wanted to play back the senario over and over again in my head, analyse every word that Terri had thrown at me in anger as I stood there like a moron not saying a word, but instead just crying in her direction as she walked away from me and out of my life.

Drake hadn't spoken a word to me during the drive, he knew that I needed space and he was giving it to me, well as much as he could in the small car we were in. I wished we had brought one of the larger Range Rovers, at least then I could have sat in the back and been a good distance away from Drake.

I feared that the toxic feelings running through my veins right now were contagious, and I didn't want to infect anyone else with my negativity.

Drake parked the car and I felt it come to a rolling stop but I didn't move, I wasn't sure if I could even if I had wanted to. My whole body felt numb and cold to the bone. If I moved my legs would they even carry me or had they abandoned me too?

Drake had gotten out of the car as soon as it had stopped, I didn't blame him, I wouldn't want me be near me right now either. I was a horrible human being - could I even use that phrase anymore?

I had abandoned my best friend, but not only that I had attempted to drag her into this world, a dangerous world that I knew wasn't safe for her but yet I still tried to bring her with me. I had used her as something to tether me to my old life instead of treating her as my bestfriend I treated her as an object, my last foot hold in the human world . She had every right to call me out, so I couldn't even blame her for how she reacted I could only blame myself.

I was selfish, I was self severing and self absorbed. - I was the monster.

The fog in my brained cleaned up  just enough to hear the door leading from the kitchen into the garage slam back on its hinges my wolf instantly perking up inside my head.

"PUP!" The chill in Romans voice did nothing to me this time, I couldn't feel any worse.

"MY MATE WHERE IS SHE IS SHE HURT?!" Roman continued to roar setting off more than a few of the car alarms within his vicinity.

I watched as he came into my line of sight still sat in the car.

I also saw Drake who's head was hanging so low he was almost kissing the cold cement floor.

But honestly I was just confused, he knew where we were going, we weren't late back so honestly what was his problem?

"He can feel your pain, but he doesn't know why" my wolf said softly almost as if she was worried I might break apart completely which I wasn't sure of myself.

"Oh" was all I could mustered in a response to her

Drake must have answered Roman because the next thing I knew my door was being almost ripped clean off. Which I knew Drake would be crying over right now, if he wasn't so busy making friends with the floor.

In one fluid motion I was unbuckled and lifted out of my seat and placed tightly against Romans' chest as he lifted me bridal style out of the car. My whole body instantly set on fire the cold I had been previously feeling was banished by his touch, the white hot pain in my heart was gone but this time nothing took it's place.

Turns out there were some things the touch of your mate couldn't heal, and that was the loss of your only true friend.

Roman didn't say a word to me as we left the garage and made our way through the kitchen into the foyer and up the flights of stairs to our bedroom. I don't even know if we passed anyone along the way, my head was buried deep into Romans' chest trying to find the level of comfort his scent usually brought me.