Chapter 16

I don't know how long Roman and I sat there, me sobbing in to his chest and him stroking my hair and making shushing noises trying to console me. I felt stupid for crying. It wasn't my family, my life or my story but when Roman was telling me about his past I could feel the emotion dripping from ever word and it well and truly overwhelmed me.

Kane had ripped Romans family apart and drove away all he had ever known. His own brother had betrayed him, and his entire pack. How does someone recover from something like that. I admired Roman, after losing his parents at such a young age it was a miracle that he'd grown up to be the strong caring well adjusted man I saw before me.

After I had calmed down enough to peel myself off of Roman I found myself wanting to know more. What had happened to Kane? How was Roman now Alpha and now that he was, why was he still the only person living in this house? I knew however that my questions would have to wait for another day. I had no doubt that if I asked, Roman would indulge my curiosity but if I was being honest with myself I didn't know if I could take another story time right now, let alone putting Roman through the pain I had felt from him before.

I used my palms to wipe away the residue of tears that had now dried on my face and steeled myself. Roman didn't need me turning in to another blubbering mess when he was holding it together so well. "I'm sorry to have upset you Emma, that wasn't my intention when I brought you here today" he said sounding defeated. Emotion welled back up in my chest but I stomped them down "No Roman I'm sorry. It's just listening to you talk about everything you've been through....I'm just happy that you felt you could share it with me" I said honestly.

"I'm happy to share anything and everything with you" Roman said. I felt a hot flush cover my cheeks, so I stared down at my hands hoping that Roman didn't notice. God the man had just laid his heart out on the table
and I'm being a perv, good going Emma.

I heard Roman let out a low growl under his breath, I looked up through my eyelashes to see a smirk spread across this face and his eyes darkened. "Emma, how do you expect me to behave like a gentleman when your thoughts are making you smell like pure sin and seduction" he growled.

Oh my god, he couldn't really tell when I was turned on could he?! My eyes dropped, I could feel the heat start to rise in my cheeks I felt so embarrassed he must think I'm a whore.

"Emma" he groaned, sneaking his finger under my chin to lift my eyes to meet him. "Don't ever feel embarrassed about your feelings for me. Being wanted by you fills me with pride, and I can honestly say that I want you just as much" his voice turned husky at the end sending chills through out my body.

He leaned over a placed his lips against mine but too soon they were gone again. After what he said I was confused as to why he didn't take things further. Which must of shown on my face.

"I want nothing more than to rip your clothes off and lay with you on this very sofa, I want to make you mine in every way possible, but I must control myself and my wolf. To do that, would disrespect not only you but our bond, and I would die before I'd do that. We have to do this right" he explained.

I nodded my head even though I didn't agree with him. I didn't see anything disrespectful with what he had just said. I was ready. I wanted him and everything his amazing powerful body had to offer. Even though I was a virgin I would  happily give it all up for this man.  After all we were mates, and if I was understanding this all correctly that meant something more than a couple of vows that could easily be broken and a ring.

Roman stood up and lead me out of the sitting room heading up to the 3rd floor, we came to a door close to the end of the hallway and stopped outside of it. Without saying a word he opened the door and lead me inside. We'd walked in to a bedroom that was fit for a Princess, inside was a massive bed that could easily sleep 6-7 people with the puffiest pillows and thickest duvet. I could see over on the right a door that had been left open, it lead to bathroom covered in the same white marble that was present on the first floor. On the other wall stood another door that I assumed lead to the next room over.