Chapter 12

"What's wrong?" B4 turned off the hot water, "Zhanlu, report the malfunction."

"Zhanlu's mech was severely damaged...30%...60%...80%...warning, damage continuing......"

B4 grasped his cold wrist. Suddenly, Zhanlu opened his green eyes: "Sir, I lost the connection with my mech."

For a moment, B4's pupils shrank intensely, however, soon he hid it with his eyelash down, getting the hot water from Zhanlu. He poured some water out and threw a teabag in , sitting behind the table.

A peaceful fragrance rose, the sky of Beijing-ß was extremely blue.

"An unexpected event." B4 reached out to wipe the dripping water then twisted his fingers. He was still calm, speaking in a speed which was even slower than usual, "No need to panic. Let's guess what happened first----your body was in the basement of the Silver Fortress. They would not display it."

"My mech's defense system is the superlative degree of the IU. It can withstand all the frontal attack from any massive weapons. According to the damage speed, it suffered from continuous attack of massive weapon....It is possible that there was more than one super-space massive mech." Zhanlu tried to connect to the mech far away at the Silver Fortress which shared the same name as his, but he failed for several times. He stretched himself in discomfort as if he was rusted, rolling every joint of his body. "Sorry, Sir. I feel weird, like my important organ was cut off."

"......" B4 kept the silence for a weird second, "Zhanlu, don't talk to others in this way."

"Everything you say, Sir." Zhanlu said, "Therefore, my mech in the basement of the Silver Fortress is seriously attacked."

And the Silver Fortress must be attacked to death as well.

B4 leaned back. "The location of the Silver Fortress is very subtle, located at the interstellar  junction of the First and the Second Galaxy. Not only it had a lot of connections with both two galaxies, but it is also surrounded by the eight galaxy lanes and three military fortress. No one could break in when it raises its defense up, not even a fly. Directly breaking in and transferring large-scale massive mechs are both impossible."

Zhanlu's faced his palm up, showing a 3D galaxy lane map floating above the table. The eight lane out of the Silver Fortress confused people, while seventy-six customs passes were in the network everywhere. Besides, there were Berlain, Tiny Hummingbird and Changbai Mountains — three military fortresses that surrounded the Silver Fortress like three satellites.

"The First Squadron was left on the merchant airship on the lane. They should have sent a message to us if there was anything wrong." His grey eyes reflected the whole galaxy map which was exactly like the virtual one. He said, "The defense system and armament was arranged by myself personally. Including six standby energy systems, and the armed armaments can blast the whole First Galaxy like a meteor shower. They can never lose like this, even if they appoint a donkey to be the Commodore of the Silver Fortress."

Zhanlu added. "The one who took over your place is Ares Lee."

B4 – Lin – Jingheng Lin who took off his military uniform and never mentioned his real name paused for a second. "It was no big difference from appointing a donkey."

Zhanlu said, "You mean the chief executive, the Commodore Lee, betrayed and turned off the defensive system of the Silver Fortress on purpose?"

"Probably him, it can also be the ones that have higher rank." He played with the teacup in hand, smiling coldly, "They started civil war all by their own before I do anything to them – Zhanlu, try to connect with the First Squadron, tell them to play it by ear, use the civilian lane and go over the Hummingbird Fortress while retreating,."

Zhanlu always executed first and doubted it later in treating his orders. Sending the message quickly, Zhanlu then said plainly, "Commodore Ylev in the Hummingbird Fortress is your friend. Sir, do you suspect that he already betrayed the IU?"

"First of all, it takes at least thousands of mechs to blast the Silver Fortress into ruins. Massive mechs of that number can't fly in the sky altogether like some kind of party, or everyone on the nearby planet can notice them with their naked eyes. Therefore they can't drive all the mechs into the First Galaxy at once, no matter if they are from outer space or the Heart of Rose. The process of delivering weapons has to be a long period with departed groups and is highly confidential, so they need to have a place not far from the Silver Fortress to contain all the massive mechs. The Hummingbird Fortress has a perfect position and revolution orbit." Jingheng paused, "Secondly, Ylev of the Hummingbird Fortress is not my friend. Do I take everyone as my friend? Ylev is Xin Lu's former subordinate, which a lot of people didn't know because he hid the truth well, so that he got the time to strengthen himself. He kept his nose clean all these years. First, it's because that I forced him with my power and second, he didn't want to fall out with me wholly for my tutor's sake. He's a wolf I chained beside my bed, hating me but didn't bite me due to old feelings."