Chapter 50

"Who the hell got you here?" Though Jingheng Lin was lowering his voice, his anger showed thoroughly, "Why are you stalking me when you should have been training your dogs in the base?"

The question was quite harsh. Bixing Lu could not find an answer for that immediately.

"Have you ever heard of 'Desert of Death'? Do you have any idea about emergency transfers in the Desert of Death? Can't you figure out there are interstellar pirates when you saw that much wreckage? You just drove such a ..." Jingheng Lin slapped on the bulkhead of the tiny little mech, making the innocent and affectionate flying vehicle burp.

Jingheng Lin suddenly recalled how Bixing Lu put a chip in himself. At the moment, all the grudges from that incident and from now rose up, making his heart hurt from the anger, "You bastard! A bold, reckless bastard!"

Bixing Lu: "..."

Before he could say anything, he already had nothing to say. All he could do was nod silently and lick his teeth with his useless tongue.

Jingheng Lin meant to teach him a lesson, but Bixing Lu was way too old to be educated again, he had to hold back himself no matter how furious he was.

In less than a month, Commodore Lin held back that impulse twice. The feeling was like "hurting yourself by holding all back into yourself". He said coldly, "Give me the mental network and move aside!"

Bixing Lu smiled to him politely and finally got a chance to say something, "No. Snatch it if you can."

Several robot hands reached out from the clinic's door right after his words, fastening Jingheng in place eventually – any psychological or physical breakout could happen in the extreme space environment. The clinic had a special fixing set which can still work under 50 tons of pulling force and follow the orders of the driver entirely, strong enough to calm several crazy gorillas down.

Jingheng Lin: "..."

Is he rebelling?

"Uh-huh," Bixing Lu stepped towards him slowly, commanding the fixing set to put the grumpy patient into the medical capsule to lay down. He said besides Lin's ears, "Well, I heard that it is very harmful to break up the connection with the mental network rudely. Shock is the mildest. The driver might even be caught in brain death if fighting back too hard. I've never tried that yet, is that true? Commodore, do you wanna teach me a lesson?"

Jingheng Lin: "Bi! Xing! Lu!"

"Yes?" Bixing Lu sat beside him, asking the intelligent clinic for a cup of water to make himself quenched enough to deliver at least three lectures at one time, then he started to talk. "Commodore, I think you are not so reasonable and that is not a good thing. Though everyone knows 'don't even try to make reason a soldier', I personally regard it as nonsense. I don't have much energy left in my mech. We can move slower. There will be a few days before arriving at the base. We can make reason for everything during these days."

Commodore Lin had never been so mad since he was a kid. He said furiously, "Let me go. Do you really think I won't hurt you?"

Headmaster Lu's understanding to that was a bit off the truth, but not so far away. Hearing the threat, he was not afraid at all and even threw up his hands to show his indifference, "I'm so scared. Wow. What do you want to do to me! Just come on!"

Jingheng: "..."

Fuck "the affectionate kid". Nonsense. Xin Lu was truly an arse always telling lies. You can never trust him. Just have a look at his little beast!

Bixing Lu: "We can start from phenomena to essence, and from essence to phenomena –"

Jingheng Lin: "Get lost!"

Bixing Lu was quite calm, keeping the slow speed of speaking, "No way. I'll go away later when I'm done with talking. Lin, tell me, why didn't you send a message back to the base when you found interstellar pirates on the underground track while Beijing was still in range?"

Jingheng Lin was surely not a good student who would answer everything. He snorted.

"Because you did not trust us – me, and everyone else in the base. You considered it useless to inform us anyway. Fighting with interstellar pirates, these people were basically nothing. They could straight scare themselves to death. That was the reason why you deal with everything on your own, wasn't it? Have you ever thought about why would you risk yourself for some losers you don't even trust and regard as useless?"

"You take killing a Primalien as a risk? I merely did not feel good about him and killed him smoothly. Don't say that again. You are making a shame out of me." Jingheng Lin sneered and took a deep breath to bring out the courtesy he saved for his whole life, "Let me go right now and I won't take what you just did seriously."