Chapter 51

In the past, there was no hierarchy and arrangement in the Self-Defense Force—— Cow was the Boss. Cow said, "Hey, come fight a few brothers." And an undisciplined and unstructured group of gangsters with arms on hand were formed.

However, pure ambition would grow among the rabbles. Even among a herd of sheep, a bellwether would always stand ahead, catching a wisp of hope and encouraging others to follow him to march forward.

At first, it was Saturday who summoned a gang of brothers who followed Bixing Lu to construct the energy system of the base. Nowadays, it was also him that seized the time by the forelock to establish a real Self-Defense Force.

Bixing Lu went out in a hurry for Jingheng Lin. Due to energy shortage, his return trip got delayed. In this short week, Saturday took the lead to make plans for the Self-Defense Force and bring his ideas to the four students, who consulted data in Bixing Lu's digital library. Finally, by drawing from other sources, they pieced together the "Regulations on Administration for Self-Defense Force in the Base".

With a framework and a model, the true Self-Defense Force seemed to be founded

Of course, it was still far away from impressing Commodore Lin. From his perspective, the so-called Self-Defense Force was no better than playing house——a striking underground castle could be dug out by the ants' will when they're united like a fortress, and biologists would marvel at the miracle created by such ants, writing a book that may impress people a little.

And so what? After such "miracle" and being moved by it, it could still not resist a heavy rain.

"We train for six hours a day. First, we familiarize with mech operation and fixed-point patrols. I am quite unclear with the following drill, so it's up to you." Saturday took his training group and Bixing Lu to the base, who described his ambitious prospect to Bixing Lu excitedly with his hands dancing in the air. Perhaps, it was due to him being the self-appointed captain of the Self-Defense Force, his confidence increased a little. Or perhaps, it was due to too much sexual gossip he heard along the way, and the sense of distance from Jingheng Lin decreased. It was astonishing that he should dare to talk to Jingheng Lin, "Commodore Lin, is it the same in...the fortress that you have ever served in? "

Jingheng Lin, carrying Zhanlu on hand, said with indifference on his face, "No, in non-mission time, the professional space force of the IU must be in training for no less than 10 hours a day. It is a unified regulation set by the Military Commission."

"U-Unified regulation?" Saturday's face paled, "It was a match-fixing?"

"Maybe," Jingheng Lin said lightly, "I think they might lose the war intentionally, otherwise they were not so vulnerable."

Bixing Lu asked, "And the Silver Ten Squadrons?Do you implement the training program in accordance with the standard?"

"No, besides from exceptional case, the Ten Squadrons have only six hours for sleep and three hours for meals, chores, rest and reorganization." Jingheng Lin passed over Bixing Lu and walked towards the administration building without looking back, "After all, extraterritorial pirates haven't rested for years."

Jingheng Lin's words were actually meant to stop Saturday's daydream——compared with soldiers in the IU Armed Force who were born with a decent background, fed with balanced nutrition and educated under formal military education, those who were born in the hapless base were bean sprouts with congenital deficiency. Even the IU Armed Force collapsed in disarray and with many whose whereabouts were unkown, these bean sprouts actually attempted to transform themselves from cowards to heroes by shouting slogans and receiving chicken soup for the soul.

Wasn't it a joke?

However, because Jingheng Lin did not want to discourage Bixing Lu openly, he minced a euphemistic statement. But Saturday, a bit of rough fellow who couldn't get accustomed to the roundabout statement in Wotto-style for a short while, fished out his personal terminal unconsciously and calculated the training hours of the Ten Squadrons.

"Did you get it?"Bixing Lu bumped his shoulder.

Saturday said helplessly, "Maybe...he means that our training hour is inadequate?"

Bixing Lu talked at a venture, which completely misinterpreted Lin's idea, "Commodore Lin means that if you can keep up with the criteria of the Silver Ten Squadrons, he would help you in troop training. Do you know the Silver Ten Squadrons?"

Saturday shook his hand.

"The Silver Ten, the protective umbrella of eight galaxies, is the true elite force of the IU. They are stationed in the Silver Fortress, and the interstellar pirates dare not invade the eight major galaxies, thus giving rise to complete victory in decades of wars. Get it?"

The more nonsense Lu talked, the brighter the eyes of Saturday were.

Bixing Lu who looked like a heretic who was peddling his afrodyn patted Saturday's shoulder and lowered his voice, "Do you want to become the new Silver Ten Squadrons?"