Chapter 20

T/N: Happy 2nd year anniversary to 残次品/Imperfections! It was first posted by Priest on jjwxc on April 5, 2017 ^^

____

Monoeye Hawk thought this whole thing was illogical: "Why is he blasting the space station off? Is he insane?"

"Well he's already done it, why are you still questioning it?" Jingheng Lin jumped on the mech, shouting to him, "Come on, do you want to die?"

It had already become a reflex of Monoeye to argue with Jingheng Lin for the sake of arguing: "Bah! I don't need you to...Bixing Lu you little jerk! What the heck are you doing? You disrespectful little..."

Although Bixing Lu was just as cheeky and talkative, he didn't have a short fuse. He knew his priorities better than his aging father. That horrible explosion was getting closer and closer. The ground started shaking. All the parked mechs were trembling. He had no choice but to disrespect his old man and forcefully drag the angry arms dealer onto the mech. Neither had even found their footing when the door had closed and locked automatically. Then, the defense system was dialed up to maximum power, fired a particle cannon at the doors of the safety checkpoint for mechs in the space station so that the mech could fly out straightaway.

Smaller mechs usually could not carry high power propulsion system; in order to escape gravity, the whole system needed to go through at least 2-minutes of warm-up. Thus, in order to save the energy from the mech itself, the common way was to use the tracks in the mech stop as an external force to accelerate the mech.

Right then, the sky burst into flames. A series of explosions happened around the entire station, there was definitely no time for warm-up.

The mech jumped directly onto the track, gliding and accelerating. Behind it, the pathway kept crumbling, and the space station was collapsing faster and faster in the explosions.

Bixing Lu didn't even have time to catch his breath before going to check the propulsion system spinning out of control, "This won't do. If it goes on like this and we don't complete acceleration, we will ... "

Before he could even finish his sentence, the mech shook violently. The entire space station was twisting and breaking from the middle, and the noisy alarm interrupted his talking — the acceleration track had broken off. However, because the velocity of the mech was still not enough, it was attracted by the artificial gravity of the space station!

The streamlined mech was rolling in the air. The pilot, Mr. Lin, might have been used to flying alone, and lacked experience in carrying passengers. He did not even think to remind everyone to "buckle up and hold on tight". His unfortunate passengers were spinning like socks in a wash machine, twisted into a ball.

The four teenagers were screaming like members of a chamber choir. Monoeye Hawk hit the door right on his head, and judging by his expression, he had already dug out all eighteen generations of Lin's family to pay them his respects.

Bixing Lu fumbled around for a seatbelt and caught one: "Lin!"

Suddenly, the strong gravity alert took on a different tune. The artificial gravity of the space station started to become unstable, which was definitely not a good thing.

Monoeye Hawk: "It's going to blow up! Can you do this or not?"

In the next second, the space station of the Toxic Nest exploded like a firework in the dark universe. The huge wave of energy crashed right onto the defense system of the mech, which caused the energy of the shield to drop by more than 80% in one blow. The posterior of the mech caught on fire.

The alarm and the screams of the passengers mixed together. Jingheng Lin simply said: "Eject backup fuel."

The mech got rid of its posterior tenaciously. With help from that wave of energy, the mech gained enough velocity, leaping out of the fire like a wild horse, and flew straight to the starry sea of the Eighth Galaxy.

Jingheng Lin turned around, pressing his tortured ears, and asked thoughtfully: "Anyone need an antiemetic?"

White was so dizzy he couldn't even stand. He knelt on the floor and retched, his body language telling him that an antiemetic would be perfect.

This mech was originally in the collection of Lin on Beijing-ß. He pulled out the medical devices with ease, and threw all the students into the sick bay. Lin tied the still unconscious 001 on the electric chair. Then he set the mech to autopilot, steering them back to Beijing-ß. He stretched his rigid shoulders and neck, and opened the wine cabinet in the mech.

Bixing Lu hung around Lin, attempting to make conversation: "Do you want me to take over?"

Lin looked at his empty wine cabinet in silence before saying: "Did my alcohol satisfy you?"