Chapter 82

The remote connection between Morning Star Base and Jingheng Lin had already been disconnected for quite long. As the main center of the temporary command post, Tulane had to coordinate with Skunk, to allocate the Silver Ninth Squadron and Self-Defense Force and to wait for the worst messages in fear and trembling, with continual 48-hours working. So far, Monoeye Hawk had brought every person he could use, with the medical team replacing the Self-Defense Force on the move, only leaving a part of the Silver Ninth Squadron as shift workers for maintaining the order and preventing emergencies.

On the Morning Star Base, the people sleeping in their insulating clothing were laid in disorder.

They've done their best and left the rest to fate.

Still waiting for the reply from fate, Tulane's sleepy spirit freed itself from her body, left her sleeping and sitting up straight like a bird.

The daytime on Morning Star was long enough to make one exhausted. Finally, evening fell, and cumulonimbus clouds condensed in the sky and pressed down, casting a long shadow on the ground. Monoeye Hawk stood by the window, smoking cigarette after cigarette. After the second remote communication signal arrived, he glanced at Tulane in deep sleep and confirmed the password smoothly.

Before he could even lay his hand down, suddenly, a loud "BANG!" hit. The Silver Ninth Squadron captain jumped up like a bird, thinking there was an enemy attack. After holding on to the gun at her waist and springing the safety bolt, only then did she open her eyes murderously. She glanced at the blaze on the telescreen which had been disconnected for a while, stunned: "What's going on? What happened? "

Monoeye Hawk just saw the shadow of Bixing Lu flash. As he sprang at the screen, the frame trembled like a hand of a Parkinson's patient and kept flickering. Piercing alarm rang endlessly, but nothing was in the frame.

Monoeye Hawk's eyes were suddenly red, he wished he could fly beyond territory via remote signal and shoot Jingheng Lin's head off.

Do you know how difficult it was for me to find him?

Do you know how much it cost me to raise him up?

Even if you are making use of him as a human tiger emblem, I could let it go, but how dare you ...

Monoeye Hawk punched a fist into the signal receiver which shocked Tulane to stop him with scrambling :"Calm down! Calm down! We all understand your emotions, but there is a data package sent back. They risked their lives to get it, anyhow let me receive it at first ... Mr. Lu!"

It felt like a fire starting in his chest burned up all his mind: "Get out!"

Unable to retaliate, Tulane was pushed half a step back and suddenly got a glimpse of the remote images :"Wait, this mech is not the one they drove there."

Monoeye Hawk froze.

Tulane looked at him, then turned to swipe at the wall, shouting to the dungeon monitor : "Pull Hope up here!"

In the extraterritorial regions – under such gunfire, whether "Ark" or small mechs, there was nowhere to escape.

The mech shield could take a particle cannon of certain strength, but never overlapping high-energy particle flows which horrible temperature could melt everything. However, with the speed of mech, there was no possibility to be faster than the particle cannon, and even a transfer would not work.

Normally when there was no way out, even Jingheng Lin should recollect all memories of his whole life. He already tried his best but still made no difference to the matters, so perhaps all this had been destined. In the history of humanity, a myriad of cultures that once existed had disappeared, decayed, or coagulated into fossils underneath the endless silt of time. Perhaps, if one observed longitudinally along the past and the future, this very moment was the start of Eighth Galaxy's sinking, and so, what could a tiny human do under the surging tide of the times?

However ... there was another person on the mech, the one that Jingheng Lin couldn't let anything happen to.

Jingheng Lin suddenly gritted his teeth :"Zhanlu!"

At the sound of the command, Zhanlu's body "dissolved", almost simultaneously "infiltrating" from the small mech into the Ark, and his mental network rapidly replaced the original one on the Ark.

Just for a moment, the overlapping high-energy particle cannons had already caught up, beginning to melt the shield of the "Ark".

"The shield had been damaged due to high-temperature, degree of damage continuously rising, 50% ... 60% ..."

"Warning, the rate of damage on the shield is too fast —"

The severe soothing agent nearly destroyed the last drop of Jingheng Lin's resistance.