Chapter 72

But he was too feeble even to hold the lightest vest-pocketed laser gun.

Bixing Lu rested his gentle eyes upon his rough face and spread his hands as he could, indicating that he was harmless.

As the man calmed down a little bit, Bixing Lu asked softly, “It seems you need some help, and forgive me for asking, are you infected with Rainbow Virus? Where did it come from?” 

Bixing Lu thought he kept his tone fairly gentle, but it gave no comfort, instead irritating the other man. The laser gun aimed at him had already been lowered, but upon hearing this, the gunman raised his head fiercely, suddenly tightened his grip, “How did you know this is Rainbow Virus?”  

Bixing Lu suddenly realized that he was too eager to trace the source of the Rainbow Virus and said the wrong thing, “Calm down please, I’d like to explain it to you, in fact......”

The person was already frightened, he had no more willingness to listen to his explanation. He interrupted Bixing Lu hysterically, his voice was as if he had held a rusted steel plate in his throat, his countenance becoming increasingly ferocious, “You knew this was Rainbow Virus, so why dare you to come near me? Are you unafraid of it? How can you be unafraid of it?! You must be one of them!”

Oh, bad logic.

Bixing Lu said, “I...hey!”

“Shut up, shut up!” The man growled and shot him, giving no opportunity to explain. 

It was hard to dodge from a shot of the laser gun that close. But fortunately, the man's hands shook wildly and missed his aim. The bullet grazed over Bixing Lu’s head, leaving a scorch on the pale wall.

Bixing Lu thought, how could he be a civil servant when he would ignore legal procedures and offer no chance to appeal before he was sentenced to death.  

Nonetheless, President Lu, who didn’t intend to get shot by a laser gun, knew “Do not reason with gunman”. He rolled on the ground, bent down and held the factory’s door he had just kicked off for cover, hiding from place to place.

The ghost-like gunman with bloodshot eyes held his laser gun on both hands and randomly shot. He would never let go of Bixing Lu, thus, the worn-down door was shot to pieces. At that time, the window behind him was broken by someone. Jingheng Lin, who ran around to the other side of the factory, directly broke the window on the passageway and climbed in.

Commodore Lin wasn’t a civilized man who would give preferential treatment to the patient. Glass fragments fell towards face of the man. The gunman subconsciously covered his head, but his chest got kicked with a knee before he could even lift his hands.

Ordinary people would suffer internal bleeding if hit like this, let alone a patient. The man flew off and hit the wall behind him with a bang. His decaying skin was like a rotten fruit peel - once it rubbed on the pale wall, a trail of bloodstain was left. His arm holding the gun had been crushed, and his laser gun was thrown out of control for several meters and stood by Bixing Lu.

Jingheng Lin squeezed his throat through a coat and pinned him down to the ground. The gunman was stunned, gaped at him like a dying fish fighting to live. He was choked with eyes showing white, and retching could be heard from his throat.

Bixing Lu said, “Lin!”

Jingheng Lin tilted his head expressionlessly before loosening his grip a bit and frisking the gunman rapidly. The metal detector of his personal terminal kept ringing. Then, a pair of electromagnetic handcuffs, two laser guns, and a small knife with little lethality were found. Finally, the man, as well as his weapons, were thrown into two different parts.

Bixing Lu dropped the door and came running in a hurry. He took a look at the gunman, gasping in fright with a chill running at the back of his teeth.

In his memory, Jingheng Lin, who always looked unhappy, was hard to be provoked. He himself asked for trouble out of nothing all day long, but Jingheng Lin never flared up. Besides that, Jingheng Lin often dug at others, thus creating an illusion that he was a sharp-tongued man with apathetic duplicity. And it was not until now did he believe that Jingheng Lin, who could kill a man within half of a minute, was the trump card of the military of the IU. Maybe, he just restrained himself from resorting to violence......for an unusual calmness.

Jingheng Lin trod on that man and fished out a spraying disinfectant from his accompanying medicine cabinet. Then, he sprayed inside out and pinched the captive’s credentials with his coat, “William Yu, Superintendent of the Police Headquarters of the Eighth Galaxy, not a petty official, but it seems like a bogus one.”

Mr. Superintendent puked out nothing but sour water in embarrassment.

“The Police Headquarters of the Eighth Galaxy is located in the capital planet, Cayley, it doesn’t seem like a position that needs frequent business travels. So, why you are here?” Bixing Lu asked, “Were you on a special escort mission when Prince Cayley invaded the Eighth Galaxy?”