Hoseok

The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

Hoseok learned that at a very young age.

His parents were both murdered when he was seven years old. The killer was never caught.

Hoseok was thrown from foster home to Foster home, never knowing what it was like to have a stable source of love and affection from someone.

Maybe that's why he fell so fast.

So hard.

Hoseok couldn't even bear to think of his name.

Perhaps the one who caused him the most pain.

A man who could weave with lies and words as intricately as Arachne and her loom.

He drew Hoseok with his smile, his beautiful smile. His kind, loving words.

He gave him a place to feel warm and safe, the first time in a long while.

He was the hand Hoseok could hold onto to when he felt scared.

The shoulder he could cry on when he felt hopeless and lost.

The friend he could rely on to always make him feel better.

The lover he could trust, with his every secret and worry.

He was everything Hoseok needed. Hobi was lovestruck, blinded from all of the red flags.

The possessively rough touches.

The curfew that basically let him go to school and right back home.

The inability to stay in contact with the few friends he had.

The phone checks.

The bag checks.

The selfish way his lover would act in the bedroom.

Get his pleasure and walk away.

But Hoseok was in love. The man was perfect in his eyes, the only one who cared for him and loved him.

He didn't have any close friends to warn him away. Didn't have any family to tell him something was wrong.

So when everything came crashing down...

He was trapped.

Dependent on a man who'd come home smelling like women's cheap perfume and lipstick all over his neck and chest.

Dependent on a man who had a job and paid for the living expenses, the schooling for Hoseok.

Dependent on the few times Hoseok was given love and affection by the man.

Dependent on him.

There was no escape.

No way out.

Hoseok took the beatings that he started to receive. Why didn't he have dinner done? Why was the pillow on the couch crooked? Why were there wrinkles on the made bed? Why were the clothes not put away and folded in a certain way?

Hoseok took it all.

And yet...he still smiled.

He smiled through the pain. Because that was all he could do.

There was no hand for him to hold.

No shoulder for him to cry on.

No friend for him to rely on.

No lover he could trust.

Hoseok was alone.

And still...he smiled.