One

Hoseok Focus

Today was going to be a good day. Hoseok could feel it.

When he woke up, he was already at work. Hobi been able to eat breakfast for the first time in three weeks.

Never had he appreciated toast more.

Although he did feel a little guilty for the consumption.

He had been telling Hoseok for awhile now that the boy should lose some weight.

So he rarely ate.

Hoseok got ready for school, put his signature bright smile on, and walked out the door.

Around the college Hoseok was considered the sunshine. He was always smiling, super kind, and didn't hesitate to ask you if you needed help with something.

But he had no friends. He didn't hang out with a certain group of people and those he talked to were merely to help them with something or to greet them.

But nobody ever really noticed because Hoseok was always surrounded by people.

The social butterfly.

Nobody recognized that he never really stuck around with the same people for more than a few days.

Heading to his first class of the day, Hoseok smiled and waved to everyone he passed.

He always seems to make their days, and even the most grumpiest of people couldn't help but smile and wave back.

It was the Hoseok affect.

As soon as Hobi reached the classroom, he set his things down and grabbed a notebook and a pencil for class notes.

Although he majored in dance, Hoseok still liked to take some real classes. So that's why he was minoring in Horticulture.

The study of plants.

Or to Hoseok, more specifically:

The study flowers.

Hoseok loved flowers. They were so beautiful and vibrant. They brightened his days.

Whenever he was feeling down he'd always attend to the flowers he kept at the apartment.

They made him smile.

He sat down and waved at the students coming in.

Someone sat down beside him.

"Hey hobi!"

"Hi!" Hoseok smiled brightly at the girl.

"So...do we have a lab today?"

"Umm...I think that's tomorrow. Isn't the professor going to go over the lab today?"

"Oh thank God." The girl basically collapsed onto the table they were seated at.

Hoseok smiled. "Were you worried?" He teased lightheartedly.

"Hobi~" she whined. Hoseok giggled and waved as she got up to go and sit by her lab partner.

The professor suddenly entered the room and everyone paid attention.

Hoseok quickly wrote the notes down he knew at least five people would ask for by the end of the day.

Once the lesson was over he hurried out of the room and towards the fine arts building that also hosted the dance studios.

He dropped his bag in the corner. "Hobi!" He smiled and greeted the professor as she walked up to him.

"Hello Mrs. Kang."

"Hoseok, we have a new student." Hoseok hummed in acknowledgement and after getting what he needed from his bag, he turned to look at the new kid.

He smiled. "Hi, I'm Jung Hoseok."

"Park Jimin." The new kid was built quite muscularly, but small. He had fiery red hair and this glint in his eyes that screamed he was not someone to be messed with.

"Hobi, I was wondering if you would show him the ropes. Seeing that you're done with your solo and all and he's just starting..." She trailed off.

"No problem!" Hoseok agreed. Even though he still had to choreograph a whole entire different routine in the next week, he was still going to help the new kid.

He was a people pleaser. But he did it not for the intent of that, but because he was simply just too nice to say no.

Hoseok turned to the new kid when the instructions walked away. "Where are you from?"

"Busan."

"Oh? That's cool! I'm from Gwangju myself. So, what kind of style do you typically use?"

"Contemporary." Hoseok smiled. Jimin was being quite cold and distant, almost acting arrogant, like he was better than every one here, yet Hoseok simply continued to smile at him.

"That's cool." He said once again. "So, sometimes we do group performances, but this an advanced class, so most of the time we have to choreograph our own routines for competitions and stuff. They're great opportunities for getting scouted."

"I heard you're the best."

"Ah...well.." Hoseok laughed, a small flush coming to his cheeks. "I wouldn't say the best. But people tell me they enjoy my routines."

"May I see one?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You dance. Can I see you dance?"

"I-i mean if you want to." Jimin gave a curt nod. "I have to go change first. I just got here, so I'll be right back. Uh...just wait here I guess?" Jimin hummed in acknowledgment and Hoseok rushed off to go and change.

He dressed in a separate stall from the others and quickly came back out to the studio, grabbing his shoes and putting them on.

"I'll show you my new one that I just finished. I'm going to use this at the upcoming competition. Also, please tell me if you see anything wrong! I loge getting feedback and...I'm rambling again. I'll just start." Hoseok walked over to the speakers and hooked his phone up.

Everyone stopped what they were doing when they saw Hoseok. They knew he was about to dance and whenever he did everyone always had to stop.

Why?

Because he was the best.

Even if he denied it, he was.

And because this was the only time Hoseok ever stopped smiling.

And they all saw a different part of the sunshine.